I like my pizza like I like my object storage: cheap and deep
Here’s your weekly look at what’s happening in enterprise IT.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for unboxings, podcasts, and news coverage!
Apple is a company that’s both interested in privacy as a product differentiator and expanding their revenue from services. In this editorial, Rich Stroffolino thinks there is way for Apple to offer both with the same offering: a VPN. Rich outlines why this makes sense, how it might work, and wonders if Apple could push the idea of a VPN to general consumers.
The Gestalt IT Rundown reviews the IT news of the week and broadcasts live each Wednesday at 12:30pm ET. This week Rich Stroffolino and Tom Hollingsworth discuss exploits against Drupal and Panera, Microsoft reorganizing Windows, and Cloudflare’s DNS. Remember to follow us on Facebook and YouTube to catch new episodes each week!
Last week INFINIDAT announced some major milestones to expand their product portfolio. Max Mortillaro takes a look at one of the new products, InfiniSync, this week, which claims to offer zero RPO over any distance?.How does it deliver that? A combination of exhaustive connectivity and robust engineering. Max outlines why this is a compromise free way to ensure no data loss during disaster recovery.
June 27-29, 2018
The Tech Field Day crew makes their annual sojourn out to the East Coast for Storage Field Day 16 in Boston. They’ll have their usual live stream going for all the presentations, or subscribe to their YouTube channel to catch all the video after the event. Even though the event is a little far off in mid-Summer, two presenters are already announced, INFINIDAT and StorONE. If you’re not familiar with either, be sure to check out our prior coverage of both companies on Gestalt IT. Both are extremely innovate storage companies, can’t wait to see what they have on tap for the event!
This newsletter brought to you by the team at
- Patent Peace in Our Time | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 17, 2019 - April 17, 2019
- The Cloud is Going to Disappear – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 16, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 15, 2019 - April 15, 2019
- Run, Google Cloud Run | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 10, 2019 - April 10, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 8, 2019 - April 8, 2019
- Intel Announces All The Things | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 3, 2019 - April 3, 2019
- Network Analytics Is Too Expensive – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 2, 2019
- Pwn2Asus | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 27, 2019 - March 27, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of March 25, 2019 - March 25, 2019
- Open Source’s Amazon Problem | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 20, 2019 - March 20, 2019