I like my pizza like I like my object storage: cheap and deep
Here’s your weekly look at what’s happening in enterprise IT.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for unboxings, podcasts, and news coverage!
Apple is a company that’s both interested in privacy as a product differentiator and expanding their revenue from services. In this editorial, Rich Stroffolino thinks there is way for Apple to offer both with the same offering: a VPN. Rich outlines why this makes sense, how it might work, and wonders if Apple could push the idea of a VPN to general consumers.
The Gestalt IT Rundown reviews the IT news of the week and broadcasts live each Wednesday at 12:30pm ET. This week Rich Stroffolino and Tom Hollingsworth discuss exploits against Drupal and Panera, Microsoft reorganizing Windows, and Cloudflare’s DNS. Remember to follow us on Facebook and YouTube to catch new episodes each week!
Last week INFINIDAT announced some major milestones to expand their product portfolio. Max Mortillaro takes a look at one of the new products, InfiniSync, this week, which claims to offer zero RPO over any distance?.How does it deliver that? A combination of exhaustive connectivity and robust engineering. Max outlines why this is a compromise free way to ensure no data loss during disaster recovery.
June 27-29, 2018
The Tech Field Day crew makes their annual sojourn out to the East Coast for Storage Field Day 16 in Boston. They’ll have their usual live stream going for all the presentations, or subscribe to their YouTube channel to catch all the video after the event. Even though the event is a little far off in mid-Summer, two presenters are already announced, INFINIDAT and StorONE. If you’re not familiar with either, be sure to check out our prior coverage of both companies on Gestalt IT. Both are extremely innovate storage companies, can’t wait to see what they have on tap for the event!
This newsletter brought to you by the team at
- Gestalt News for the Week of February 11, 2019 - February 11, 2019
- Intel’s Swan Song | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 6, 2019 - February 6, 2019
- You Need Sensors for Analytics – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - February 5, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of February 4, 2019 - February 4, 2019
- Necessary NAS Nomenclature - February 1, 2019
- A Shortage in Common Sense: The Myth of the Talent Gap - January 31, 2019
- Olympic Hacking in Japan | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 30, 2019 - January 30, 2019
- Kubernetes: Theory and Practice - January 30, 2019
- Compute Module 3+ on sale now from $25 - January 29, 2019
- The Government Shutdown and Security - January 24, 2019