Enjoy this bonus episode of the podcast.
This week on IT Origins, we had a conversation with Ted Dunning, Apache Software Foundation board member, and the Chief Application Architect at MapR. We discussed Ted’s introduction to IT, his early involvement with the open source software community, and how AI advances quickly go from aspirational to blasé. We were also fortunate to have Ted’s colleague and co-author Ellen Friedman join in on the second half of the interview. Both were able to give some great career advice about how to stay relevant in rapidly evolving fields.
Books mentioned in the interview by Ted Dunning and Ellen Friedman:
- Streaming Architecture: New Designs Using Apache Kafka and MapR Streams
- Practical Machine Learning: Innovations in Recommendation
- Real World Hadoop
- Raspberry Pi 3 A+: Quad-Core SoC for $25 - November 15, 2018
- Drobo + Nexsan = StorCentric - November 13, 2018
- Laptop Migrations - November 13, 2018
- Let’s Talk About Burnout - November 12, 2018
- ESXi on a Raspberry Pi - November 12, 2018
- A Keyboard Quest - November 9, 2018
- Apple is Winning the ARM Race - November 9, 2018
- An IT Origin Story from Jason Beshara - November 8, 2018
- IoT Storage and Data Security - November 8, 2018
- The Wisdom of Amazon | Gestalt IT Rundown: November 7, 2018 - November 7, 2018