The Wirecutter recently published a comprehensive guide on the best USB-C adapters and hubs. This guide looks at various use cases, from the best adapter for legacy USB-A devices to various display-out needs.
I have no doubt that the Wirecutter’s recommendations are up to their usual thorough excellence. But there was one curious omission I couldn’t help but notice. At the Gestalt IT offices, we universally use the OWC Thunderbolt 3 docks. Heck, we even made an unboxing video for one!
The OWC dock isn’t cheap and it isn’t portable. But if you want all the connectivity you’ll ever need at your desk via one USB-C port, it’s pretty much the only game in town. It provides 4x USB-A 3.0, SD card, Ethernet, HDMI out, headphone jack, and charges your laptop (wattage depends on the model). The dock really delivers on the promise of Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C.
I suppose the OWC dock isn’t technically a USB-C device, or at least it requires Thunderbolt over USB-C to take advantage of all the ports. But I thought it was at least worth a mention.
- X-IOh My | Gestalt IT Rundown: October 17, 2018 - October 17, 2018
- NetApp Provides Insights for Women in Tech - October 16, 2018
- NetApp Speaks Volumes - October 12, 2018
- The Google+ Accountant | Gestalt IT Rundown: October 10, 2018 - October 10, 2018
- Commvault and Services - October 10, 2018
- Commvault GO 2018 Keynote Live Blog – Day 2 - October 10, 2018
- Commvault GO 2018 Keynote Live Blog - October 8, 2018
- A Solid Foundation to Own Your Data on the Internet - October 5, 2018
- On Supermicro and Hardware Hacks - October 5, 2018
- Internet of Legal Things | Gestalt IT Rundown: October 3, 2018 - October 3, 2018