Oracle task with the public cloud is a tall one. Perhaps the biggest challenge, outside some of the monumental technical hurdles of being competitive in the space, is changing the public perception. If their recent presentations at events like Tech Field Day are any indication, they’re keenly aware of the challenge.
So it’s a little weird to see Thomas Kurian’s move to the new CEO of Google Cloud positioned as a good thing. But Chris Kanaracus makes the argument that his deep insight into enterprise needs are just what GCP needs right now.
Chris Kanaracus comments:
His long tenure is a notable achievement in a corporate culture as cutthroat as Oracle’s. It also gave Kurian a wealth of knowledge about the technological needs and desires of large enterprises.
- VARs are Useless – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 25, 2019
- The Raspberry Pi 4: Adding the Missing Piece - June 24, 2019
- Nvidia Arms Itself | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 19, 2019 - June 19, 2019
- Intel Caught Barefoot | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 12, 2019 - June 12, 2019
- IoT Is Making Society Less Secure – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 11, 2019
- Azure and Oracle Connect | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 5, 2019 - June 5, 2019
- Bad Week To Be A Standards Body | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 29, 2019 - May 29, 2019
- Multi-Cloud Is A Fad – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - May 28, 2019
- Dropping the Hammer on Huawei | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 22, 2019 - May 22, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of May 20, 2019 - May 20, 2019