Oracle task with the public cloud is a tall one. Perhaps the biggest challenge, outside some of the monumental technical hurdles of being competitive in the space, is changing the public perception. If their recent presentations at events like Tech Field Day are any indication, they’re keenly aware of the challenge.
So it’s a little weird to see Thomas Kurian’s move to the new CEO of Google Cloud positioned as a good thing. But Chris Kanaracus makes the argument that his deep insight into enterprise needs are just what GCP needs right now.
Chris Kanaracus comments:
His long tenure is a notable achievement in a corporate culture as cutthroat as Oracle’s. It also gave Kurian a wealth of knowledge about the technological needs and desires of large enterprises.
- Ep. 9: Is Remote Work The New Normal? - July 6, 2020
- VxRail Is Now Built for the Edge - July 6, 2020
- Supercomputers Are Switching to Arm Too - July 3, 2020
- AWS Goes to Space | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 1, 2020 - July 1, 2020
- Ep. 8: Is Dell Selling VMware? - June 29, 2020
- Intel’s Tiger Lake Is CET For Security - June 29, 2020
- NetApp Buys a Spot in the Cloud - June 26, 2020
- Will Dell Spinoff VMware? | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 24, 2020 - June 24, 2020
- Ep. 7: What is Intel’s x86 Future? - June 22, 2020
- Midrange Levels the Playing Field - June 22, 2020