Oracle task with the public cloud is a tall one. Perhaps the biggest challenge, outside some of the monumental technical hurdles of being competitive in the space, is changing the public perception. If their recent presentations at events like Tech Field Day are any indication, they’re keenly aware of the challenge.
So it’s a little weird to see Thomas Kurian’s move to the new CEO of Google Cloud positioned as a good thing. But Chris Kanaracus makes the argument that his deep insight into enterprise needs are just what GCP needs right now.
Chris Kanaracus comments:
His long tenure is a notable achievement in a corporate culture as cutthroat as Oracle’s. It also gave Kurian a wealth of knowledge about the technological needs and desires of large enterprises.
- IT Certifications in 2019 - January 14, 2019
- Dropping the HAMR on Qualcomm | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 9, 2019 - January 9, 2019
- Composable Infrastructure is Just Blade Server 2.0 – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - January 8, 2019
- Saying Goodbye to Python 2.7 - January 4, 2019
- NooBaa is acquired by Red Hat - January 4, 2019
- 10 In-demand skills to learn in 2019 - January 3, 2019
- US Tariffs and Embedded Systems - January 2, 2019
- Stephane Charbonneau – IT Origins - December 21, 2018
- Australia demands an end to data protection - December 21, 2018
- Thomas Kurian and a Post-Greene GCP - December 20, 2018