Oracle task with the public cloud is a tall one. Perhaps the biggest challenge, outside some of the monumental technical hurdles of being competitive in the space, is changing the public perception. If their recent presentations at events like Tech Field Day are any indication, they’re keenly aware of the challenge.
So it’s a little weird to see Thomas Kurian’s move to the new CEO of Google Cloud positioned as a good thing. But Chris Kanaracus makes the argument that his deep insight into enterprise needs are just what GCP needs right now.
Chris Kanaracus comments:
His long tenure is a notable achievement in a corporate culture as cutthroat as Oracle’s. It also gave Kurian a wealth of knowledge about the technological needs and desires of large enterprises.
- India’s New Data Regulation Bill | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 11, 2019 - December 11, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of December 9, 2019 - December 9, 2019
- Machine Learning Dominates at AWS re:Invent 2019 | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 4, 2019 - December 4, 2019
- Digital Transformation is a Myth – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - December 4, 2019
- BONUS: The Origins of Tech Field Day – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - November 22, 2019
- Mirantis Contains Docker Enterprise | Gestalt IT Rundown: November 20, 2019 - November 20, 2019
- Simplification Adds Risk – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - November 19, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of November 18, 2019 - November 18, 2019
- Disney Nonplussed | Gestalt IT Rundown: November 13, 2019 - November 13, 2019
- What’s the challenge of IPv6? Find out in Gestalt News - November 11, 2019