The course of a career can take many twists and turns. Things that we least suspect can have lasting impacts, and what we think of as life altering can be little more than mile markers. In this spirit, Eric Shanks shares some thoughts after attending Tech Field Day last week. It’s a really thoughtful look back at how small things in his career built off each other, and how thankful he is to be where he’s at. A perfect read around Thanksgiving!
Read more: Unwitting Accomplices in Your Career
It’s the time of year in the United States where we celebrate Thanksgiving. If you’re not familiar with this, it’s a holiday where we give thanks for those things which have blessed us and to take a moment to reflect on all the good things that we have. I recently came home from Tech Field Day 12 and was reflecting how some people have positively affected my career and possibly had no clue what kind of impact they’ve made.
- FUD: Fear, UK, and DNS | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 10, 2019 - July 10, 2019
- The Traditional Office is Dying – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - July 9, 2019
- Cloudfail | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 3, 2019 - July 3, 2019
- HCI See What You Did There | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 26, 2019 - June 26, 2019
- VARs are Useless – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 25, 2019
- The Raspberry Pi 4: Adding the Missing Piece - June 24, 2019
- Nvidia Arms Itself | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 19, 2019 - June 19, 2019
- Intel Caught Barefoot | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 12, 2019 - June 12, 2019
- IoT Is Making Society Less Secure – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 11, 2019
- Azure and Oracle Connect | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 5, 2019 - June 5, 2019