As discussed on this week’s Gestalt IT Rundown episode, the VPNFilter malware is a nasty piece of business from a sophisticated actor. Graham Cluley does a great job here of giving a high level overview. Your best option right now is a hard router reset. But if that’s not possible, a reboot will at least make sure your router won’t take part in any botnet attacks from the exploit. Or check out the most recent episode of “Beer with Talos” to hear from the Cisco Talos folks who first documented this exploit.
Graham Cluley comments:
Even if you aren’t in imminent danger of being targeted by the botnet itself, you certainly don’t want to be part of the problem. Everybody who is on the internet should play their part in ensuring that the internet stays as safe as possible – and that means not contributing to the problem.
- A NetApp Insight Live Blog - October 23, 2018
- Linus Torvalds Gets Out of Timeout - October 23, 2018
- EU Approves Microsoft’s GitHub Acquisition - October 22, 2018
- Helm: Your Own Personal Mail Server? - October 22, 2018
- Samsung Is Mass Producing 7nm Chips - October 19, 2018
- X-IOh My | Gestalt IT Rundown: October 17, 2018 - October 17, 2018
- NetApp Provides Insights for Women in Tech - October 16, 2018
- NetApp Speaks Volumes - October 12, 2018
- The Google+ Accountant | Gestalt IT Rundown: October 10, 2018 - October 10, 2018
- Commvault and Services - October 10, 2018