As discussed on this week’s Gestalt IT Rundown episode, the VPNFilter malware is a nasty piece of business from a sophisticated actor. Graham Cluley does a great job here of giving a high level overview. Your best option right now is a hard router reset. But if that’s not possible, a reboot will at least make sure your router won’t take part in any botnet attacks from the exploit. Or check out the most recent episode of “Beer with Talos” to hear from the Cisco Talos folks who first documented this exploit.
Graham Cluley comments:
Even if you aren’t in imminent danger of being targeted by the botnet itself, you certainly don’t want to be part of the problem. Everybody who is on the internet should play their part in ensuring that the internet stays as safe as possible – and that means not contributing to the problem.
- You’re Wrong About Data Protection Policy – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - May 14, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of May 13, 2019 - May 13, 2019
- The Perpetual Plugin Problem | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 8, 2019 - May 8, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of May 6 ,2019 - May 6, 2019
- Azure and VMware Team Up | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 1, 2019 - May 1, 2019
- Bringing Yourself to Work – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 30, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 29, 2019 - April 29, 2019
- Docker Partners With Arm | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 24, 2019 - April 24, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 22, 2019 - April 22, 2019
- Patent Peace in Our Time | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 17, 2019 - April 17, 2019