If you’re looking to learn more about containers and you haven’t already had any kind of exposure to them, the task of finding the best place to figure out what you don’t know can be daunting at best. Thankfully there are a ton of great resources on the Internet. Dr. Peter Welcher of NetCraftsmen has been around a long time and has learned a lot about networking. He’s also learned quite a bit about all the other things that networking supports. He’s written up a great overview of containers and why we need to look at using them in our modern environments.
Here’s just one of the great nuggets of wisdom he’s passing along:
In a sense, a container is a VM “a la carte”, where you consume just what you need. Stripping out unnecessary Linux services, etc., also reduces the security attack surface. All Good!
Learn more at: NetCraftsmen Why Containers?
- Solving Home Wi-Fi Woes - August 22, 2019
- Attorney General Barr and Encryption - August 21, 2019
- VMware Acquires Veriflow - August 20, 2019
- Protecting Password Assets with BeyondTrust - August 14, 2019
- Stopping Network Blame with Kemp - August 12, 2019
- Rooted In Security with Banyan - August 9, 2019
- New Tech Era, New Skills, New Mindset. - August 7, 2019
- The BGP Conundrum - August 5, 2019
- IT Burnout: Work, Email and Vacation Time - August 2, 2019
- Cross Pollinating Catalyst Platforms with NetBeez - August 1, 2019