“For all of us, there was a time before Tech Field Day. But rarely does one meet Tech Field Day and continue the same course, unchanged.” Nikki Schnupp tells the tale of her first Tech Field Day experience after joining the team this summer. It was a whirlwind week full of coffee, jet lag, and lots of enterprise IT.
In this iteration of Gestalt Server News:
– A look at AMD and Intel’s surprisingly competitive server platforms
– HyperGrid’s on-demand on-site solution
– How VMs are still more portable than Docker containers
In this weeks Gestalt Cloud News:
– Platform9 simplifies private cloud infrastructure
– Azure gets a win with Flipkart
– IBM launches cognitive computing for private clouds
Plus what else you could buy instead of a $9000 Intel Xeon!
The Tech Field Day team has a full roster of events for 2017. They will host two main events, starting in Austin from February 1st-3rd. The second comes on September 27th-29th in Silicon Valley. In between, there will also be three Tech Field Day Extra events at Intertop, Cisco Live US, and VMWorld US.