The planning is done.
The presenting sponsors and attending delegates are ready.
The announcement has been made.
Tech Field Day Boston is just two weeks away!
We at Gestalt IT are incredibly proud of what the entire community has accomplished with Tech Field Day. Our first event (in November 2009) was incredibly successful, but that could have been the end of it. Instead, we were faced with overwhelming interest from event alumni and prospective delegates and sponsors wanting to help make more such events happen in the future.
The November delegates were so excited, in fact, that they all contributed to two documents we are publishing today:
- Presenting to Engineers distills the tips and directions from the Tech Field Day audience. They cover the who, what, and how of presenting not just at Tech Field Day but at any similar techie-focused event. It is a must-read for presenting sponsors!
- What Delegates Should Know lays out in honest and plain language what it is like to attend Tech Field Day. Again, this advice is just as applicable to similar events.
The event organizers are presenting these two documents without editorial modification. The fact that our delegates embraced the Tech Field Day concept so wholeheartedly is all we need to say.
As the event draws nearer, everyone can follow along:
- We have created Twitter lists for Tech Field Day delegates and presenting sponsors, and will be using the #TechFieldDay hashtag throughout the event. Also follow TechFieldDay and GestaltIT on Twitter.
- The Tech Field Day Facebook Group and Tech Field Day sLinkSet are up and running, with collected posts about the event.
- We also have a Tech Field Day Vimeo Group where video of the event will be posted.
We look forward to this event, and welcome your feedback!