Following the career discussions in some of our earlier podcasts, and his recent Blog Post “So you Want to be a Network Consultant” Kevin Bovis got in touch with me to talk about what sort of skills an engineer needs. We decided to record the discussion and so you have even more Networking in your ears.
Kevin is the Technical Services Manager for a Cisco Gold partner Cisilion and manages a reasonable sized team of Network Engineers. Kevin is also a Cisco CCIE #1578 and is still currently certified.
Because Kevin manages a team of engineers and regularly interviews and hires engineer, those looking at their career progression should enjoy listening to the show.
- Show 40 — Openflow — Upending the Network Industry - April 7, 2011
- Show 39 — Unplugged on Tech Field Day Wireless - April 4, 2011
- Rant: Why SPB Doesn’t Get Any Attention - March 27, 2011
- Show 38 — Comparing Data Centre Fabrics From Juniper, Brocade and Cisco - March 25, 2011
- Show 37 — Even More IPv6 Ready Than Last Week - March 14, 2011
- PPP Show 36 — IPv6 Ready - March 14, 2011
- Show 35 — Media Markup — A Garden of Switches - March 6, 2011
- Show 34 — Breaking the Three Layer Model - February 27, 2011
- Show 32 — Media Mungle - February 1, 2011
- Show 33 — IPv6 It All Comes Down to Money - January 30, 2011