Everyone loves a good analogy and Steven O. Noble has come up with one that will resonate with many geeks when he compares cloud computing to home automation. The fragmentation and complexity introduced by using several disparate products across multiple vendors is similar in both disciplines. Additionally, security is top of mind in both scenarios to keep bad actors out or just unintentional breaches from occurring.
The fragmentation of multiple home automation vendors almost directly correlates to the current interest in multi-cloud strategies in the enterprise. The dream of integrating multiple products into a single solution introduces additional complexity that must be considered carefully when architecting a solution.
Steven O. Noble comments
If you just need one (device|service), it can be simple to setup but extending it is not.
Read more at: The cloud reminds me of home automation
- Pure Accelerate 2019 Day 2 Keynote Liveblog - September 18, 2019
- Pure Accelerate 2019 Day 1 Keynote Liveblog - September 17, 2019
- Beyond RPA with Bonitasoft - September 16, 2019
- Storage Showdown at the AKS Corral - September 9, 2019
- The Cloud Reminds Me of Home Automation - September 6, 2019
- Why Druva is All About SaaS - August 29, 2019
- Render Simplifies Cloud Infrastructure Even Further - August 20, 2019
- Compose Your Next Infrastructure Masterpiece with Liqid - August 15, 2019
- Clumio Emerges from Stealth with Cloud Based Backup as a Service - August 13, 2019
- Getting Into Public Speaking – a Guide for Those Working in IT - August 9, 2019