Everyone loves a good analogy and Steven O. Noble has come up with one that will resonate with many geeks when he compares cloud computing to home automation. The fragmentation and complexity introduced by using several disparate products across multiple vendors is similar in both disciplines. Additionally, security is top of mind in both scenarios to keep bad actors out or just unintentional breaches from occurring.
The fragmentation of multiple home automation vendors almost directly correlates to the current interest in multi-cloud strategies in the enterprise. The dream of integrating multiple products into a single solution introduces additional complexity that must be considered carefully when architecting a solution.
Steven O. Noble comments
If you just need one (device|service), it can be simple to setup but extending it is not.
Read more at: The cloud reminds me of home automation
- VMware is Delivering Pipelines to the Cloud with CAS - November 19, 2019
- Ixia Brings Consistency to Visibility - November 15, 2019
- LogicMonitor Reveals the True Cost of IT Outages - November 5, 2019
- Do You Use GitHub? Ever Thought About Backup… - October 29, 2019
- LucidLink’s Clearly Different Approach to Object Storage - October 28, 2019
- Kubernetes Homelab With Raspberry Pi and K3sup - October 24, 2019
- Unpacking the IBM Red Hat Conundrum - October 23, 2019
- A Kind Way to Learn Kubernetes - October 18, 2019
- Why Are We Doing Kubernetes? - October 17, 2019
- NGINX Reminds Me of Bo Jackson - October 8, 2019