Everyone loves a good analogy and Steven O. Noble has come up with one that will resonate with many geeks when he compares cloud computing to home automation. The fragmentation and complexity introduced by using several disparate products across multiple vendors is similar in both disciplines. Additionally, security is top of mind in both scenarios to keep bad actors out or just unintentional breaches from occurring.
The fragmentation of multiple home automation vendors almost directly correlates to the current interest in multi-cloud strategies in the enterprise. The dream of integrating multiple products into a single solution introduces additional complexity that must be considered carefully when architecting a solution.
Steven O. Noble comments
If you just need one (device|service), it can be simple to setup but extending it is not.
Read more at: The cloud reminds me of home automation
- A Kind Way to Learn Kubernetes - October 18, 2019
- Why Are We Doing Kubernetes? - October 17, 2019
- NGINX Reminds Me of Bo Jackson - October 8, 2019
- Kubernetes – Desired State and Control Loops - October 7, 2019
- Automation Anywhere: Bringing Bots to Your Business - October 4, 2019
- AWS Outposts – a Cuckoo in the Enterprise Nest? - October 4, 2019
- Cloud Computing and the Service Provider Renaissance - October 3, 2019
- Information Silos – Hire a Floater - September 27, 2019
- Backblaze: Cloud Storage For The Rest Of Us - September 26, 2019
- NetApp Cloud Insights: Visibility of Everything for Everyone - September 26, 2019