With the new year rolling around, what better time to evaluate how to grow your career with new and relevant skills. Justin Paul already wrote a great piece about career planning and the rate of technological change. With that piece in mind, this article on in-demand skills seems like a perfect companion.
For those that are perhaps a bit lazy in their reading habits, Justin even charts out the usefulness of some of these skills, evaluating them on a scale level of effort needed to learn, payback time, current demand and long term demand.
If you’re looking to add some new skills to your IT arsenal, this is a good list to consider.
Justin Paul comments:
So, instead of telling you what technologies and products will make waves in 2019, I thought it would be more beneficial (and fun) to talk about what you can do in 2019 to make sure you stay current and even ahead of the curve. Maybe even level up your career!
Read more at: 10 In-demand skills to learn in 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of March 25, 2019 - March 25, 2019
- Open Source’s Amazon Problem | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 20, 2019 - March 20, 2019
- Microsoft Is Done With Windows – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - March 19, 2019
- NGINX Receives the F5 | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 13, 2019 - March 13, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of March 11, 2019 - March 11, 2019
- The Backstory Chronicle | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 6, 2019 - March 6, 2019
- Change Your Password All The Time – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - March 5, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of March 4, 2019 - March 4, 2019
- IBM BMC OMG! | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 27, 2019 - February 27, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of February 25, 2019 - February 25, 2019