With the new year rolling around, what better time to evaluate how to grow your career with new and relevant skills. Justin Paul already wrote a great piece about career planning and the rate of technological change. With that piece in mind, this article on in-demand skills seems like a perfect companion.
For those that are perhaps a bit lazy in their reading habits, Justin even charts out the usefulness of some of these skills, evaluating them on a scale level of effort needed to learn, payback time, current demand and long term demand.
If you’re looking to add some new skills to your IT arsenal, this is a good list to consider.
Justin Paul comments:
So, instead of telling you what technologies and products will make waves in 2019, I thought it would be more beneficial (and fun) to talk about what you can do in 2019 to make sure you stay current and even ahead of the curve. Maybe even level up your career!
Read more at: 10 In-demand skills to learn in 2019
- VARs are Useless – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 25, 2019
- The Raspberry Pi 4: Adding the Missing Piece - June 24, 2019
- Nvidia Arms Itself | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 19, 2019 - June 19, 2019
- Intel Caught Barefoot | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 12, 2019 - June 12, 2019
- IoT Is Making Society Less Secure – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 11, 2019
- Azure and Oracle Connect | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 5, 2019 - June 5, 2019
- Bad Week To Be A Standards Body | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 29, 2019 - May 29, 2019
- Multi-Cloud Is A Fad – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - May 28, 2019
- Dropping the Hammer on Huawei | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 22, 2019 - May 22, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of May 20, 2019 - May 20, 2019