If you’re new to the world of containers and orchestration, getting a handle on Kubernetes can be a little intimidating. Despite quickly becoming a standard in IT, it’s not exactly a user friendly experience.
This getting started guide from Eric Shanks is a great resource. There are a lot of resources on Kubernetes that will dive immediately into specifics. This can be great if you’re looking to solve a single problem, but not if you’re looking for a wider understanding. Eric sets up each section by looking at the theory behind it first, before jumping into the command line and technical specifics.
This guide goes all the way from pods all the way up to service publishing. Definitely well worth the time of anyone new to Kubernetes.
Eric Shanks comments:
This guide is meant to get a beginner started with the process of understanding Kubernetes.
Read more at: The IT Hollow
- Intel Caught Barefoot | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 12, 2019 - June 12, 2019
- IoT Is Making Society Less Secure – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 11, 2019
- Azure and Oracle Connect | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 5, 2019 - June 5, 2019
- Bad Week To Be A Standards Body | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 29, 2019 - May 29, 2019
- Multi-Cloud Is A Fad – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - May 28, 2019
- Dropping the Hammer on Huawei | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 22, 2019 - May 22, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of May 20, 2019 - May 20, 2019
- You’re Wrong About Data Protection Policy – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - May 14, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of May 13, 2019 - May 13, 2019
- The Perpetual Plugin Problem | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 8, 2019 - May 8, 2019