Whenever you’re attending a giant show like VMworld for the first time, it’s a good idea to get some insider tips from a more experienced attendee. With that in mind Matt Crape put together his tips for first timers at VMworld.
While Matt includes some more practical elements (wear comfy shoes), what stood out to me were the more human aspects of his advice. I particularly enjoyed his comments on the vendors present. While at other shows, this may be dominated by sales staff, at VMworld, Matt found the vast majority of the booths staffed by knowledgeable engineers. Knowing that can help you make the most out of the show.
VMworld may be going on right now, but it’s never too late for some words of wisdom.
Matt Crape comments:
VMworld 2017 will be my third consecutive VMworld. I am by no means a veteran or a pro when it
Read more at: Making the most of VMworld: A first-timer’s companion
- India’s New Data Regulation Bill | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 11, 2019 - December 11, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of December 9, 2019 - December 9, 2019
- Machine Learning Dominates at AWS re:Invent 2019 | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 4, 2019 - December 4, 2019
- Digital Transformation is a Myth – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - December 4, 2019
- BONUS: The Origins of Tech Field Day – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - November 22, 2019
- Mirantis Contains Docker Enterprise | Gestalt IT Rundown: November 20, 2019 - November 20, 2019
- Simplification Adds Risk – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - November 19, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of November 18, 2019 - November 18, 2019
- Disney Nonplussed | Gestalt IT Rundown: November 13, 2019 - November 13, 2019
- What’s the challenge of IPv6? Find out in Gestalt News - November 11, 2019