Whenever you’re attending a giant show like VMworld for the first time, it’s a good idea to get some insider tips from a more experienced attendee. With that in mind Matt Crape put together his tips for first timers at VMworld.
While Matt includes some more practical elements (wear comfy shoes), what stood out to me were the more human aspects of his advice. I particularly enjoyed his comments on the vendors present. While at other shows, this may be dominated by sales staff, at VMworld, Matt found the vast majority of the booths staffed by knowledgeable engineers. Knowing that can help you make the most out of the show.
VMworld may be going on right now, but it’s never too late for some words of wisdom.
Matt Crape comments:
VMworld 2017 will be my third consecutive VMworld. I am by no means a veteran or a pro when it
Read more at: Making the most of VMworld: A first-timer’s companion
- Smartphones, Cars, and Democracy - January 18, 2018
- Enrico Signoretti – IT Origins - January 18, 2018
- Seeing the Impacts of Spectre on AWS - January 17, 2018
- Gestalt IT Rundown – January 17, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- BetterTouchTool and the Redemption of the Touch Bar - January 17, 2018
- Licensing Models Matter- The On-Premise IT Roundtable - January 16, 2018
- 400G Ethernet, Gina Minks, and WPA3 in Gestalt News 18.3 - January 15, 2018
- Accenting AI - January 12, 2018
- Mattermost: Your Own Private Slack - January 12, 2018
- Gina Minks – IT Origins - January 11, 2018