Whenever you’re attending a giant show like VMworld for the first time, it’s a good idea to get some insider tips from a more experienced attendee. With that in mind Matt Crape put together his tips for first timers at VMworld.
While Matt includes some more practical elements (wear comfy shoes), what stood out to me were the more human aspects of his advice. I particularly enjoyed his comments on the vendors present. While at other shows, this may be dominated by sales staff, at VMworld, Matt found the vast majority of the booths staffed by knowledgeable engineers. Knowing that can help you make the most out of the show.
VMworld may be going on right now, but it’s never too late for some words of wisdom.
Matt Crape comments:
VMworld 2017 will be my third consecutive VMworld. I am by no means a veteran or a pro when it
Read more at: Making the most of VMworld: A first-timer’s companion
- Drobo + Nexsan = StorCentric - November 13, 2018
- Laptop Migrations - November 13, 2018
- Let’s Talk About Burnout - November 12, 2018
- ESXi on a Raspberry Pi - November 12, 2018
- A Keyboard Quest - November 9, 2018
- Apple is Winning the ARM Race - November 9, 2018
- An IT Origin Story from Jason Beshara - November 8, 2018
- IoT Storage and Data Security - November 8, 2018
- The Wisdom of Amazon | Gestalt IT Rundown: November 7, 2018 - November 7, 2018
- Considering the New iPad Pro - November 5, 2018