Software-defined scale-out storage is a hot area in enterprise IT. Qumulo is an emergent player in the space, having been out of stealth now for two years, with a heavy founding dose of Isilon DNA. Their particular solution is a scale-out NAS that offers some “data aware” advanced analytics.
Dave Henry’s been following the company for some time, and published a takeaway post from a conversation with the CEO, Bill Richter. They discussed the state of Qumulo’s venture funding, having just raised $30 million in their recent C round.
Dave also discussed some of what differentiates the company from Isilon, and gets into their overall corporate culture. I also really enjoyed that Dave included what question went unanswered in the conversation.
Overall, it’s an interesting look into Qumulo. Dave is a self-professed fan of the company, and the post does a good job of giving you a well rounded update on their business.
Dave Henry comments:
Today, Qumulo, vendor of the software-defined scale-out storage platform Qumulo Core, announced the completion a funding round of $30 Million. This C Prime round of funding brings the total amount invested in Qumulo to date to $130 Million.
This new funding round was led by Northern Light Venture Capital and other first-time investors in Qumulo. Previous Qumulo investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers (KPCB), Madrona Venture Group, Top Tier Capital Partners, and Tyche Partners also participated in this round.
- Supercomputers Are Switching to Arm Too - July 3, 2020
- AWS Goes to Space | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 1, 2020 - July 1, 2020
- Ep. 8: Is Dell Selling VMware? - June 29, 2020
- Intel’s Tiger Lake Is CET For Security - June 29, 2020
- NetApp Buys a Spot in the Cloud - June 26, 2020
- Will Dell Spinoff VMware? | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 24, 2020 - June 24, 2020
- Ep. 7: What is Intel’s x86 Future? - June 22, 2020
- Midrange Levels the Playing Field - June 22, 2020
- Amazon Doesn’t Buy Slack… Yet - June 19, 2020
- Cisco SecureX Reaches General Availability | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 17, 2020 - June 17, 2020