Software-defined scale-out storage is a hot area in enterprise IT. Qumulo is an emergent player in the space, having been out of stealth now for two years, with a heavy founding dose of Isilon DNA. Their particular solution is a scale-out NAS that offers some “data aware” advanced analytics.
Dave Henry’s been following the company for some time, and published a takeaway post from a conversation with the CEO, Bill Richter. They discussed the state of Qumulo’s venture funding, having just raised $30 million in their recent C round.
Dave also discussed some of what differentiates the company from Isilon, and gets into their overall corporate culture. I also really enjoyed that Dave included what question went unanswered in the conversation.
Overall, it’s an interesting look into Qumulo. Dave is a self-professed fan of the company, and the post does a good job of giving you a well rounded update on their business.
Dave Henry comments:
Today, Qumulo, vendor of the software-defined scale-out storage platform Qumulo Core, announced the completion a funding round of $30 Million. This C Prime round of funding brings the total amount invested in Qumulo to date to $130 Million.
This new funding round was led by Northern Light Venture Capital and other first-time investors in Qumulo. Previous Qumulo investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers (KPCB), Madrona Venture Group, Top Tier Capital Partners, and Tyche Partners also participated in this round.
- India’s New Data Regulation Bill | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 11, 2019 - December 11, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of December 9, 2019 - December 9, 2019
- Machine Learning Dominates at AWS re:Invent 2019 | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 4, 2019 - December 4, 2019
- Digital Transformation is a Myth – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - December 4, 2019
- BONUS: The Origins of Tech Field Day – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - November 22, 2019
- Mirantis Contains Docker Enterprise | Gestalt IT Rundown: November 20, 2019 - November 20, 2019
- Simplification Adds Risk – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - November 19, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of November 18, 2019 - November 18, 2019
- Disney Nonplussed | Gestalt IT Rundown: November 13, 2019 - November 13, 2019
- What’s the challenge of IPv6? Find out in Gestalt News - November 11, 2019