Every so often, I read something that jumps through my monitor, smacks me across the face, and forces me to reflect on my choices. This end-of-the-year post by Thomas LaRock did just that. He truly knocked it out of the park by calling out all of the silly choices we make and describing how these actions are hurtful to ourselves and our businesses.
As a “gift” to all of us, Thomas details the top 20 things that we need to stop doing in 2020. From ignoring ransomware to arguing with people on the Internet, there are several solid nuggets in this post that I hope you’ll enjoy as much as I did.
Thomas LaRock comments:
For years I have written a year end post about things that didn’t happen to me for the previous twelve months . This year I’ve decided to pivot that theme. Instead of a post all about me, it’s now a post about you. Well, you and all the stupid and horrible things you do all year long.
So, here’s my year end post, my gift to you, a list of 20 things you need to stop doing in 2020. You’re welcome.
Using antiquated technology
The line in the sand for me right now are the ages of my children. …
Read more at 20 Things You Need to Stop Doing in 2020
- Let’s Talk About Ransomware (Again) - January 17, 2020
- How to Blog, Win Friends and Influence People… - January 10, 2020
- 20 Things You Need to Stop Doing in 2020 - January 7, 2020
- 2019 Gestalt IT Wrap-Up - December 31, 2019
- IT Burnout Tips for Recovery - December 23, 2019
- 10 VMware Interview Questions (And Answers) - December 16, 2019
- The Angry Co-Worker - December 13, 2019
- Owning the Technology Ecosystem - December 9, 2019
- Quick Take: Google and Patient Healthcare Records - November 21, 2019
- Pets vs. Poultry in Your Application - November 18, 2019