Every so often, I read something that jumps through my monitor, smacks me across the face, and forces me to reflect on my choices. This end-of-the-year post by Thomas LaRock did just that. He truly knocked it out of the park by calling out all of the silly choices we make and describing how these actions are hurtful to ourselves and our businesses.
As a “gift” to all of us, Thomas details the top 20 things that we need to stop doing in 2020. From ignoring ransomware to arguing with people on the Internet, there are several solid nuggets in this post that I hope you’ll enjoy as much as I did.
Thomas LaRock comments:
For years I have written a year end post about things that didn’t happen to me for the previous twelve months . This year I’ve decided to pivot that theme. Instead of a post all about me, it’s now a post about you. Well, you and all the stupid and horrible things you do all year long.
So, here’s my year end post, my gift to you, a list of 20 things you need to stop doing in 2020. You’re welcome.
Using antiquated technology
The line in the sand for me right now are the ages of my children. …
Read more at 20 Things You Need to Stop Doing in 2020
- Optimize Zoom Audio Settings for a Remote Music Lesson - April 3, 2020
- The EARN-IT Act - March 27, 2020
- Commodity Broadband is Inferior to MPLS - March 24, 2020
- Remote Working for Newbies - March 20, 2020
- Virtual Conferences – Nice in Theory - March 6, 2020
- Single Pane of Glass is a Myth – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - February 25, 2020
- Is Backup Dead? – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - February 11, 2020
- EtherealMind’s Fifteen Networking Truths (Rules of Networking) - February 5, 2020
- Misplacing Digital Transformation Priorities - January 30, 2020
- Let’s Talk About Ransomware (Again) - January 17, 2020