How much of an Ethernet switch product is custom made by the vendor and how much is commodity components selected and assembled into a closed vendor solution ?
We hear the term “merchant silicon” a lot. But have you ever thought about how many other parts inside of a switch are off-the-shelf?
Read more at: Commodity Manufacture is the Majority of Switch Products
- The Briar Patch of Software Patches - July 15, 2019
- Tackling Troublesome Tunnels with 128 Technology - July 9, 2019
- Meraki’s Eye in the Sky - June 27, 2019
- Intelligence In The Mist - June 20, 2019
- Clean Analytics with ScienceLogic - June 20, 2019
- Cisco Live US 2019 Keynote Liveblog - June 11, 2019
- Analyzing A Firehose with CounterFlow.ai - June 6, 2019
- Building The Gold Standard with Pica8 - June 5, 2019
- Avoiding Automation Archipelagos with Extreme Networks - May 29, 2019
- Finding Context In the Frames with Plixer - May 22, 2019