James Green of JDGreen.io comments:
With any technology, whether it’s consumer technology or enterprise IT, it’s only a matter of time from the purchase before the technology is outdated. Most IT departments are extremely good by now with understanding the refresh cycle and how hardware depreciates over time. I learned of some technology at Cisco Live Europe this week that is going to revolutionize the way the buying cycle (at least with regard to switches) works. To understand why this is so important, we first need to understand the silicon that is used in a piece of IT hardware.
James covers a wonderful presentation from Cisco Live Berlin about how ASICs work and how they are made today. His analysis is spot on!
- Virtual Cloud Network Deep Dive – A Fresh Review of NSX - October 12, 2018
- Ookla Acquires Ekahau – The Future of Wi-Fi Design is Speedy! - October 10, 2018
- Making It In A Multi Cloud World - October 1, 2018
- Will MPLS Ever Go Away? - September 12, 2018
- Arista Is Finding Their Mojo In Wireless - August 3, 2018
- 1Password’s Travel Mode - July 24, 2018
- Launching Into the Future with Arrcus - July 16, 2018
- Circle K Finds Value In SD-WAN Speed - July 2, 2018
- Building a Software Defined Branch with Aruba - June 19, 2018
- Accessing Security Insights with SolarWinds Network Insight For Cisco ASA - June 7, 2018