Enrico Signoretti of Juku comments:
You probably already know the news: Redhat is acquiring InkTank. InkTank is a small startup that is developing around the opensource file/block/object storage system Ceph, and even if it won’t be a WhatsApp-like deal in terms of money, it will certainly be a game changer in the Openstack landscape. Ceph, yeah!
The acquisition of Inktank was likely a strategic play against the big storage vendors, but the idea of creating a hyper-converged, Red Hat branded OpenStack distro is appealing. Read on for Enrico’s thoughts.
Read more at: Is RedHat thinking about Openstack hyper convergence?
- Multi-Cloud Fabric with Arrcus - July 30, 2020
- IoT Doesn’t Need Wi-Fi 6E – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - July 28, 2020
- Introducing Security Field Day 4 - July 21, 2020
- Cisco SecureX Roundtable - July 14, 2020
- Cisco Intent-based Networking Roundtable - July 13, 2020
- Tomversations: Episode 5 – End-to-End Encryption - July 9, 2020
- Cisco Live Interview with Khalid Raza - July 2, 2020
- The New Branch with Riverbed SD-WAN - June 30, 2020
- AI Can’t Do Much for WiFi – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 30, 2020
- Tomversations: Episode 4 – Edge Computing - June 25, 2020