Your IT News for the Week of February 25, 2019
While the public cloud market is dominated by a few large companies, Ken Nalbone makes the argument that this doesn’t need to be the case for many cloud projects. Instead of choosing between which AWS service you’re going to use, he highlights a new offering from Packet and Wasabi that shows the benefit of looking beyond the obvious. Read more here.
The monolithic storage array has gone from industry standard to endangered species. The On-Premise IT Roundtable discusses if this is a temporary decline due to recent trends in IT, or if the storage array is dead tech walking. Listen here
The Gestalt IT Rundown is your weekly look at the IT news of the week. This week, Tom Hollingsworth and Rich Stroffolino discussed an interesting acquisition by Palo Alto Networks, the UK’s plans for 5G infrastructure, AI on the edge, and more. New episodes stream live every Wednesday at 12:30pm ET.
What’s New At Gestalt IT
- Exciting Conversations Ahead of RSA 2019
- The Practicality of Refactoring Monolithic Applications for the Cloud
- The Evolution of the Storage Pod
Storage Field Day
February 27 – March 1, 2019
What better way to end February than with Storage Field Day! There’s a full roster of companies set to present to the panel of delegates. Be sure to tune in to find out who the Secret Company will be at the event.
- Veeam Acquired by Insight Partners | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 15, 2020 - January 15, 2020
- Wi-Fi Monetization is Bad – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - January 14, 2020
- AI Patent Trolls | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 8, 2019 - January 8, 2020
- IT Certifications Are More Valuable Than A College Degree – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - December 24, 2019
- Predictions for 2020 - December 19, 2019
- 2019 in Review | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 18, 2019 - December 18, 2019
- The Promise of the Cloud Cannot Be Achieved – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - December 17, 2019
- India’s New Data Regulation Bill | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 11, 2019 - December 11, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of December 9, 2019 - December 9, 2019
- Machine Learning Dominates at AWS re:Invent 2019 | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 4, 2019 - December 4, 2019