Your IT News for the Week of February 25, 2019
While the public cloud market is dominated by a few large companies, Ken Nalbone makes the argument that this doesn’t need to be the case for many cloud projects. Instead of choosing between which AWS service you’re going to use, he highlights a new offering from Packet and Wasabi that shows the benefit of looking beyond the obvious. Read more here.
The monolithic storage array has gone from industry standard to endangered species. The On-Premise IT Roundtable discusses if this is a temporary decline due to recent trends in IT, or if the storage array is dead tech walking. Listen here
The Gestalt IT Rundown is your weekly look at the IT news of the week. This week, Tom Hollingsworth and Rich Stroffolino discussed an interesting acquisition by Palo Alto Networks, the UK’s plans for 5G infrastructure, AI on the edge, and more. New episodes stream live every Wednesday at 12:30pm ET.
What’s New At Gestalt IT
- Exciting Conversations Ahead of RSA 2019
- The Practicality of Refactoring Monolithic Applications for the Cloud
- The Evolution of the Storage Pod
Storage Field Day
February 27 – March 1, 2019
What better way to end February than with Storage Field Day! There’s a full roster of companies set to present to the panel of delegates. Be sure to tune in to find out who the Secret Company will be at the event.
- You’re Wrong About Data Protection Policy – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - May 14, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of May 13, 2019 - May 13, 2019
- The Perpetual Plugin Problem | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 8, 2019 - May 8, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of May 6 ,2019 - May 6, 2019
- Azure and VMware Team Up | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 1, 2019 - May 1, 2019
- Bringing Yourself to Work – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 30, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 29, 2019 - April 29, 2019
- Docker Partners With Arm | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 24, 2019 - April 24, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 22, 2019 - April 22, 2019
- Patent Peace in Our Time | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 17, 2019 - April 17, 2019