Keith Townsend is coming to Intel Data Centric , so let’s get to know them!
Greg Ferro gives some important to advice to any established or aspiring influencer in the IT world. He encourages everyone to take a stab at blogging and to stick with it because, eventually, someone will notice your hard work and make your effort worth it.
When you’re discussing technology, it’s easy to look at its merits based on an abstracted view. What I mean is, you can look at its features, costs, and architecture in isolation from the reality of your organization. When this process involves a lot of capital investment, it often requires further analysis that can put a […]
In this iteration of Gestalt News:
– An IT Origins with the inimitable Rebecca Fitzhugh
– A look at Cradlepoint’s move to subscriptions
– The Gestalt IT Rundown discusses the death of Moore’s Law
This week, Rich Stroffolino and guest co-host Keith Townsend discuss the end of Moore’s Law, Facebook’s GDPR reaction, Skyport Systems acquisition, and Montana’s Net Neutrality workaround.
IT is the new electricity? Keith Townsend makes a fairly convincing argument.
We’ve heard over and over again the data is the new oil. But perhaps solar power provides a more appropriate framing metaphor.
In this iteration of Gestalt Cloud News:
– The Gestalt IT Rundown discusses AWS re:Invent announcements
– Chris Evans discusses the potential death of the private cloud
– We interview Eyvonne Sharp for our IT Origins series
On this episode, host Stephen Foskett talks with Mark May, Howard Marks, and Keith Townsend about what makes a failed startup. Are some concepts simply too early, or are there ideas whose time simply never arrives? They look at specific examples like Auspex Systems and Coho Data.
In this iteration of Gestalt Networking News:
– the On-Premise IT Roundtable discusses if the CLI is dead
– The Gestalt Rundown re:Invents itself
– and we talk to Chin-Fah Heoh for our IT Origins interview series