AI is coming fast to the information security world, both in terms of tools and threats. In this episode, InfoSec professional Girard Kavelines discusses the reality of AI in security with Chris Grundemann and Stephen Foskett. With AI assistance on both sides of the security divide, will we see an escalation of attack and defense? On the defense side, threats have evolved to advanced attacks that look like system processes and legitimate connections, and machine learning can help process more data than ever before. ML-based systems can also judge unknown threats that a rules-based system would never catch. On the other hand, we are already seeing AI used to generate more effective attacks, from phishing to fuzzing APIs.
- Chris Grundemann: Are there any jobs that will be completely eliminated by AI in the next five years?
- Stephen Foskett: Can you think of any fields that have not yet been touched by AI?
- Amanda Kelly, Streamlit: What is a tool that you were personally using a few years ago but you are not using anymore?
- Chris Grundemann, Gigaom Analyst and Managing Director at Grundemann Technology Solutions. Connect with Chris on ChrisGrundemann.com on Twitter at @ChrisGrundemann.
- Stephen Foskett, Publisher of Gestalt IT and Organizer of Tech Field Day . Find Stephen’s writing at GestaltIT.com and on Twitter at @SFoskett.
For your weekly dose of Utilizing AI, subscribe to our podcast on your favorite podcast app through Anchor FM and check out more Utilizing AI podcast episodes on the dedicated website, https://utilizing-ai.com/.