Software-defined scale-out storage is a hot area in enterprise IT. Qumulo is an emergent player in the space, having been out of stealth now for two years, with a heavy founding dose of Isilon DNA. Their particular solution is a scale-out NAS that offers some “data aware” advanced analytics.
Dave Henry’s been following the company for some time, and published a takeaway post from a conversation with the CEO, Bill Richter. They discussed the state of Qumulo’s venture funding, having just raised $30 million in their recent C round.
Dave also discussed some of what differentiates the company from Isilon, and gets into their overall corporate culture. I also really enjoyed that Dave included what question went unanswered in the conversation.
Overall, it’s an interesting look into Qumulo. Dave is a self-professed fan of the company, and the post does a good job of giving you a well rounded update on their business.
Dave Henry comments:
Today, Qumulo, vendor of the software-defined scale-out storage platform Qumulo Core, announced the completion a funding round of $30 Million. This C Prime round of funding brings the total amount invested in Qumulo to date to $130 Million.
This new funding round was led by Northern Light Venture Capital and other first-time investors in Qumulo. Previous Qumulo investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers (KPCB), Madrona Venture Group, Top Tier Capital Partners, and Tyche Partners also participated in this round.
- E8 Storage Announces InfiniBand Support - April 20, 2018
- Cisco’s Latest AP Comes With A History Lesson - April 20, 2018
- Droplet Computing: Living La Vida Legacy - April 20, 2018
- Trends – IT Origins Survey - April 19, 2018
- Qualcomm’s Terrible No Good Very Bad Acquisition | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 18, 2018 - April 18, 2018
- Open Mesh Brings Major Disruption to SMB Space, Goes Full-Stack - April 17, 2018
- BONUS: Karen Lopez – IT Origins - April 17, 2018
- You Can’t Handle the SaaS in Gestalt News 18.14 - April 16, 2018
- Sonia Cuff – IT Origins - April 12, 2018
- Traditional is the New Legacy - April 11, 2018