Ivan Pepelnjak of ipSpace.net comments:
One of my readers has customers that already experienced performance challenges with Tomahawk-based data center switches. He sent me an email along these lines:
My customers are concerned about buffer performance for packets that are 200 bytes and under. MORE IMPORTANTLY, a customer informed me that there were performance issues when running 4x25GE connections when one group of ports speaks to another group.
Reading the report Mellanox published not so long ago it seems there really is something fishy going on with Tomahawk.
Ivan is spot on here. We always warn people not to install version 1.0 of any software. Why are we racing to implement a new hardware platform before we know the caveats?
- Jack Daniel and Tom Hollingsworth Discuss Community and Security | Gestalt IT - November 2, 2018
- Living On The Edge with Edgeworx - October 31, 2018
- Making the Most of Microsegmentation with Guardicore - October 25, 2018
- Virtual Cloud Network Deep Dive – A Fresh Review of NSX - October 12, 2018
- Ookla Acquires Ekahau – The Future of Wi-Fi Design is Speedy! - October 10, 2018
- Making It In A Multi Cloud World - October 1, 2018
- Will MPLS Ever Go Away? - September 12, 2018
- Arista Is Finding Their Mojo In Wireless - August 3, 2018
- 1Password’s Travel Mode - July 24, 2018
- Launching Into the Future with Arrcus - July 16, 2018