At Commvault GO 2018, Stephen Foskett got to find out how the company is approaching offering their own solutions as services, and how the company improving their offerings for service providers
In this video, Stephen spoke with Sabrinath Rao, General Manager for Commvault’s Worldwide Cloud Business. They discuss some of the new SaaS offerings Commvault announced at the show, enabling customers to use their feature rich backup and recovery as a cloud-native service. This is designed to allow customers to focus on the business outcome they want, and provide a on-demand consumption model to support this. This isn’t a change in pricing, it’s a total rethink of how Commvault is offering their tried and true solutions to customers.
Stephen also had a chance to speak with David Ngo, Senior Director of Managed Services and SaaS at Commvault. David looks at how the company is building off their Endpoint as a Service offering, with support for Office365 and Salesforce protection available to distributors. He also details their fully managed as a service offering, which offers Commvault’s solutions for larger on-premises datasets, on a consumption business model.
This service based approach isn’t just about moving customers from OPEX to CAPEX. It’s about a more comprehensive rethink of what Commvault is as a company, and how they can continue to innovate how to provide their core data management solutions how their customers want to consume them. It’ll be interesting to see how Commvault rolls out further integrations in the coming year.
- AMD Wasn’t Built In A Day | Gestalt IT Rundown: August 14, 2019 - August 14, 2019
- SaaS Backup Isn’t My Problem – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - August 13, 2019
- Jira and the Definition of All | Gestalt IT Rundown: August 7, 2019 - August 7, 2019
- What’s In Your Bucket | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 31, 2019 - July 31, 2019
- VPNemy at the Gates | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 24, 2019 - July 24, 2019
- Germany Drops the Hesse on Microsoft | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 17, 2019 - July 17, 2019
- FUD: Fear, UK, and DNS | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 10, 2019 - July 10, 2019
- The Traditional Office is Dying – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - July 9, 2019
- Cloudfail | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 3, 2019 - July 3, 2019
- HCI See What You Did There | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 26, 2019 - June 26, 2019