At Commvault GO 2018, Stephen Foskett got to find out how the company is approaching offering their own solutions as services, and how the company improving their offerings for service providers
In this video, Stephen spoke with Sabrinath Rao, General Manager for Commvault’s Worldwide Cloud Business. They discuss some of the new SaaS offerings Commvault announced at the show, enabling customers to use their feature rich backup and recovery as a cloud-native service. This is designed to allow customers to focus on the business outcome they want, and provide a on-demand consumption model to support this. This isn’t a change in pricing, it’s a total rethink of how Commvault is offering their tried and true solutions to customers.
Stephen also had a chance to speak with David Ngo, Senior Director of Managed Services and SaaS at Commvault. David looks at how the company is building off their Endpoint as a Service offering, with support for Office365 and Salesforce protection available to distributors. He also details their fully managed as a service offering, which offers Commvault’s solutions for larger on-premises datasets, on a consumption business model.
This service based approach isn’t just about moving customers from OPEX to CAPEX. It’s about a more comprehensive rethink of what Commvault is as a company, and how they can continue to innovate how to provide their core data management solutions how their customers want to consume them. It’ll be interesting to see how Commvault rolls out further integrations in the coming year.
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 22, 2019 - April 22, 2019
- Patent Peace in Our Time | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 17, 2019 - April 17, 2019
- The Cloud is Going to Disappear – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 16, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 15, 2019 - April 15, 2019
- Run, Google Cloud Run | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 10, 2019 - April 10, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 8, 2019 - April 8, 2019
- Intel Announces All The Things | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 3, 2019 - April 3, 2019
- Network Analytics Is Too Expensive – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 2, 2019
- Pwn2Asus | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 27, 2019 - March 27, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of March 25, 2019 - March 25, 2019