Nigel Poulton comments on his blog:
So aaaages ago I downloaded and played with the community edition of NexentaStor — one of the real early software defined storage (SDS) technologies. And I remember being pretty excited…. I mean, at the time, SDS was still in its primordial state, and here was a free-to-download working product! What was there not to get excited about!
Anyway… I played around with it in the lab and eventually lost interest. There just didn’t seem to be enough happening with the company or the product. There’s a lot more to the software defined storage puzzle than a single product. And to be honest, I expected Nexenta to have disappeared by now.
Well……. they haven’t disappeared. I actually met with them last week when I attended Storage Field Day in San Jose. And I’ve gotta say that they’ve been rockin’ it on the innovation front…. Some of which I like, and some of which….. well…… I’m not so sure about…..
Nigel does a great job of covering the products that Nexenta showed off at Storage Field Day 6. There’s some real promise here.
Read more at: Nexenta — Back in da house…
- Cisco Live Interview with Khalid Raza - July 2, 2020
- The New Branch with Riverbed SD-WAN - June 30, 2020
- AI Can’t Do Much for WiFi - June 30, 2020
- Tomversations: Episode 4 – Edge Computing - June 25, 2020
- Go Time With PathSolutions - June 25, 2020
- A Tale of Scale in Three Parts with Broadcom - June 23, 2020
- Assuring Identity with ForgeRock - June 18, 2020
- Encryption is Ruining Network Security - June 16, 2020
- Cisco Live Virtual Keynote Live Blog - June 15, 2020
- Deep Detection with Blue Hexagon - June 11, 2020