Every Tech Field Day includes a surprise for me, and our February event is no exception. I always try to broaden the range of my experience beyond enterprise storage, but it’s tempting to lump companies into overly-broad categories: This company is in security, that one is in networking, and the other one has something to do with management.
NetEx was my first surprise when scheduling presenters for Tech Field Day 5. I saw the word “networking” on their trade show booth and mentally lumped them in with companies like Riverbed, F5, and Silver Peak. It has something to do with WAN acceleration, right?
This all changed once I started talking with the folks from NetEx. Their technology does indeed accelerate data transfer over a network, but it’s much more useful than I expected. NetEx is a data movement accelerator – hey, that’s got something to do with storage! Their HyperIP product makes what others do better, including past Field Day presenter, Veeam. They make data replication faster for iSCSI arrays, virtual machines, and enterprise storage devices. They also allow legacy data movers to work over IP. I’m really not sure how I overlooked their capabilities for so long!
Technology like this is a perfect fit for the enterprise datacenter-focused Field Day events like Tech Field Day 5. We’ll have a wide variety of delegates representing servers and virtualization, storage, networking, and more. And all of them will find something to like about NetEx, Symantec, Data Robotics, and the other Field Day presenters.
Bob MacIntyre of NetEx agreed, telling me he was excited to participate and “looking forward to a highly interactive discussion with some of the industry’s independent thought leaders, analysts and bloggers.” MacIntyre sees Tech Field Day 5 as a way to “increase the awareness of company and our HyperIP WAN Optimization virtual appliance through an intimate and educational environment.” I’d say he’s got a clear picture of what this event is all about.
NetEx will be presenting on Friday, February 11. We’ll be streaming their presentation (and the others as well) live so everyone can tune in online. Check back at the Tech Field Day site to watch on the 10th and 11th!
- The Cloud Extends Into the Datacenter: Druva at AWS re:Invent - December 13, 2019
- Docker Enterprise Sold to Mirantis, Docker Desktop, Hub Raise $35MM - November 19, 2019
- Juniper NXTWORK 2019 Keynote Live Blog - November 12, 2019
- Where Did Tech Field Day Come From? Tech Field Day at 10 - November 4, 2019
- Druva Protects Corporate Data Outside the Firewall - October 30, 2019
- It’s All About the Delegates: Tech Field Day at 10 - October 27, 2019
- Nth Generation Symposium Keynote Live Blog - October 24, 2019
- SolarWinds Aims to Connect the Data Dots - October 24, 2019
- Celebrating 10 Years of Pure Storage and Tech Field Day - October 23, 2019
- Meeting the Storage Performance Requirements of AI and ML Workloads with WekaIO - October 23, 2019