Podcast: Play in new window | Download (7.0MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | More
In this Runt Packet we talk to Bob Napaa from Virtensys about their Virtual I/O solution for servers. What’s especially different is that their solution doesn’t use networking…..tune in for more details.
In the show we cover a lot of topics:
How Virtensys connects CPU and Memory to External Resources.
- Explain key benefits of PCI Bus extension.
- it’s a standards based technology
- it’s high performance
About the Physical Equipment
- PCI card into the PCI bus
- cables that connect to the top of rack Vietensys box
- Uses standard Ethernet and Fibrechannel adapters in the chassis
Virtensys also has a GUI management platform. which shows the status, configuration but also has a CLI for power users.
Links and Sites
You can check out http://virtensys.com/.
Follow the Packet Pushers on Twitter (@packetpushers | Greg @etherealmind | Ethan @ecbanks), and send your queries & comments about the show to [email protected]. We want to hear from you!
Leave a Comment