Ethan, Dan and Greg are Deep Diving into the Security Topic of “Defense in Depth” and what it really means. .
We had an open discussion that really didn’t go far enough. We did cover the following:
- Open or closed ACL’s in your firewalls and the performance hit.
- The value of an IDS on the outside of the external firewall or the inside.
- Using one or two firewalls.
- The value of “knowing how to drive your firewall”
- The spectrum of security policy.
- Concepts and practice on building DMZ’s
We think that we will return to the topic in the future, therefore this is Phase Alpha
Subscribe in iTunes
Media Player and MP3 Download