Ethan, Dan and Greg are Deep Diving into the Security Topic of “Defense in Depth” and what it really means. .
We had an open discussion that really didn’t go far enough. We did cover the following:
- Open or closed ACL’s in your firewalls and the performance hit.
- The value of an IDS on the outside of the external firewall or the inside.
- Using one or two firewalls.
- The value of “knowing how to drive your firewall”
- The spectrum of security policy.
- Concepts and practice on building DMZ’s
We think that we will return to the topic in the future, therefore this is Phase Alpha
Subscribe in iTunes
Media Player and MP3 Download
- Show 40 — Openflow — Upending the Network Industry - April 7, 2011
- Show 39 — Unplugged on Tech Field Day Wireless - April 4, 2011
- Rant: Why SPB Doesn’t Get Any Attention - March 27, 2011
- Show 38 — Comparing Data Centre Fabrics From Juniper, Brocade and Cisco - March 25, 2011
- Show 37 — Even More IPv6 Ready Than Last Week - March 14, 2011
- PPP Show 36 — IPv6 Ready - March 14, 2011
- Show 35 — Media Markup — A Garden of Switches - March 6, 2011
- Show 34 — Breaking the Three Layer Model - February 27, 2011
- Show 32 — Media Mungle - February 1, 2011
- Show 33 — IPv6 It All Comes Down to Money - January 30, 2011