- Tom Hollingsworth http://networkingnerd.wordpress.com | Twitter: @NetworkingNerd
- Brandon Carroll http://globalconfig.net/ | Twitter: @brandoncarroll
- John McManus http://etherealmind.com/author/mcmanusj/ | Twitter: @_johnmcmanus_
Topic 1 Juniper QFabric Announcement
Is this the point we start to re-think the 3 Layers of Network Architecture, will the future generation laugh at core, distribution and access designs. What are the implications for future designs?
Cisco response is kind of hysterical: http://blogs.cisco.com/news/ciscos-unified-fabric-in-the-data-center/
Greg posts about Diverging Ethernet Switch markets is http://etherealmind.com/diverging-ethernet-switch-markets/
Greg’s post on controller based network sis http://etherealmind.com/controller-based-networks-for-data-centres/
Topic 2 — Who’s scared of multivendor networking ?
Does anyone remember those days ? There seem to be a drive at proprietary technology around the Data Centre these days, QFabric Unified Fabric, this does not help with multivendor environments.
Topic 3 — What impact has could computing on network design for the network Design Engineer ?
I see network a bunch of cuboids linked together which allows communication between end point, I see no fluffiness here.
Topic 4 — The Last of the Bogons / Bogon begone
RT @_JohnMcManus_: BOGON updates tonight, feeling all sentimental as this should really be the last time bye bye BOGONS
Topic 5 — Backplanes and Frames — User Question
From: Travis Marlow [email protected]
Message: Does a tagged frame stay tagged when it enters a switch and traverses the backplane? I have always wondered this and haven’t found the answer in all of my studies.
Cheesy Bogon Jokes
A Bogon walks into a bar. The Bartender says… You’re not supposed to be here!
A Bogon walks into a bar. The Bartender says….. I thought you were extinct !
A Bogon walks into a bar and says to the Bartender… Take me to your leader!
Subscribe in iTunes and RSS
Media Player and MP3 Download
- Show 40 — Openflow — Upending the Network Industry - April 7, 2011
- Show 39 — Unplugged on Tech Field Day Wireless - April 4, 2011
- Rant: Why SPB Doesn’t Get Any Attention - March 27, 2011
- Show 38 — Comparing Data Centre Fabrics From Juniper, Brocade and Cisco - March 25, 2011
- Show 37 — Even More IPv6 Ready Than Last Week - March 14, 2011
- PPP Show 36 — IPv6 Ready - March 14, 2011
- Show 35 — Media Markup — A Garden of Switches - March 6, 2011
- Show 34 — Breaking the Three Layer Model - February 27, 2011
- Show 32 — Media Mungle - February 1, 2011
- Show 33 — IPv6 It All Comes Down to Money - January 30, 2011