I wrote about Forward Networks when they came out of stealth late last year. They’re on the forefront of the intent-based networking wave, using formal verification of a network in real time to model every possible location a packet can go on the network.
At launch, they had built search, verification, and predication tools. They just announced a new offering called Essentials to basically offer their search functionality in a freemium model. Organizations can not add up to 50 network devices for free, with search capabilities up to a week, with a paid tier offering unlimited devices and a year’s worth of search.
I was really impressed with what I saw from Forward Networks last year. Their software network model allows for extensive network design testing without having to disrupt your users or work in a scaled down lab. While being limited to search-only in Essentials limits what truly makes Forward Networks special, it should allow them to get a foot in the door with new customers to truly show what their solutions have to offer.
Packet Pushers Blog comments:
Forward Networks, which creates a software model of your network to support operations, verify intent, and test changes, has released a freemium tier & raised $16 million in a Series B round.
The post Forward Networks Releases New Network Modeling Option, Raises $16 Million appeared first on Packet Pushers.
- AI All The Things | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 13, 2019 - February 13, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of February 11, 2019 - February 11, 2019
- Intel’s Swan Song | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 6, 2019 - February 6, 2019
- You Need Sensors for Analytics – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - February 5, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of February 4, 2019 - February 4, 2019
- Necessary NAS Nomenclature - February 1, 2019
- A Shortage in Common Sense: The Myth of the Talent Gap - January 31, 2019
- Olympic Hacking in Japan | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 30, 2019 - January 30, 2019
- Kubernetes: Theory and Practice - January 30, 2019
- Compute Module 3+ on sale now from $25 - January 29, 2019