After attending Cisco Live US this year, Tom Hollingsworth saw signs of a very different Cisco. This change seems to come from the top down with the leadership of Chuck Robbins
At first, it looked like the CEO was headed down the same path as his predecessor John Chambers. But Tom sees their focus on software over hardware and a more hands on leadership style leading to big changes within this giant company.
The Networking Nerd comments:
I just got back from Cisco Live 2017 last night and I had a blast at the show. There was a lot of discussion about new architectures, new licensing models, and of course, Tech Field Day Extra. However, one of the most interesting topics went largely under the radar. I think we’re fully in the transition of Cisco away from being the Company of John Chambers.
Read more at: Not The Cisco of John Chambers Anymore
- You’re Wrong About Data Protection Policy – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - May 14, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of May 13, 2019 - May 13, 2019
- The Perpetual Plugin Problem | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 8, 2019 - May 8, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of May 6 ,2019 - May 6, 2019
- Azure and VMware Team Up | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 1, 2019 - May 1, 2019
- Bringing Yourself to Work – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 30, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 29, 2019 - April 29, 2019
- Docker Partners With Arm | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 24, 2019 - April 24, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 22, 2019 - April 22, 2019
- Patent Peace in Our Time | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 17, 2019 - April 17, 2019