There will almost certainly be doctoral economic theses written over the next decade about the exact impact of the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities. In the present, the most glaring impact is on the raw performance of systems after receiving patches to mitigate the architectural flaws.
But simply saying Meltdown mitigation impact performance by a certain percent abstracts the lived in reality of a post-Meltdown reality. In this response to our Tech Talk series with Liqid, CEO Jay Breakstone gives some context into how Meltdown is effecting business operations across virtually all verticals. It could even impact the ability of CGI houses to edit out Superman’s mustache! Even the Man of Steel is vulnerable to Meltdown.
Jay Breakstone comments:
[N]o matter how quickly the issues associated with Meltdown and Spectre may be resolved significant segments of the global economy are at risk if IT organizations don’t prepare their architectures to address prospective losses in performance.
- X-IOh My | Gestalt IT Rundown: October 17, 2018 - October 17, 2018
- NetApp Provides Insights for Women in Tech - October 16, 2018
- NetApp Speaks Volumes - October 12, 2018
- The Google+ Accountant | Gestalt IT Rundown: October 10, 2018 - October 10, 2018
- Commvault and Services - October 10, 2018
- Commvault GO 2018 Keynote Live Blog – Day 2 - October 10, 2018
- Commvault GO 2018 Keynote Live Blog - October 8, 2018
- A Solid Foundation to Own Your Data on the Internet - October 5, 2018
- On Supermicro and Hardware Hacks - October 5, 2018
- Internet of Legal Things | Gestalt IT Rundown: October 3, 2018 - October 3, 2018