Matt Oswalt from Keeping It Classless writes:
Plexxi was a vendor that presented at Networking Field Day 6, and was one that really got me excited about what’s possible when you think about what kind of metadata your data center contains, and what products like Plexxi can do with that data once abstracted and normalized the right way.
I will be intentionally brief with respect to my thoughts on the hardware — others like Ivan (and more) have already done a better job with this than I ever will. Many of the technical details regarding Plexxi’s optical solution were discussed both in the video I’ll embed below, but also in their prior appearance at Network Field Day 5.
Matt appears to have been impressed by Plexxi at Networking Field Day 6. They are doing very interesting things that speak to the heart of what SDN is trying to accomplish.
Read more: Plexxi — Optimized Workload and Workflow
- Liveblog: Intel Data-Centric Innovation Day 2019 - April 2, 2019
- Intel’s Crossover Point: A 3D Spork? - March 29, 2019
- Nyansa Wants To Be the IoT Sheriff - March 27, 2019
- Inside-Out vs. Outside-In Hybrid Cloud - January 14, 2019
- Thin Provisioning: The Lies We Tell Our Systems - December 21, 2018
- Why Would Microsoft Buy Mellanox? - December 19, 2018
- Pure Storage Isn’t About All-Flash Anymore (and Never Really Was) - December 13, 2018
- Liqid Takes Composable Infrastructure to a New Level - December 5, 2018
- The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our machines… - November 26, 2018
- ProtonMail Was Probably Not Hacked - November 16, 2018