Matt Oswalt from Keeping It Classless writes:
Plexxi was a vendor that presented at Networking Field Day 6, and was one that really got me excited about what’s possible when you think about what kind of metadata your data center contains, and what products like Plexxi can do with that data once abstracted and normalized the right way.
I will be intentionally brief with respect to my thoughts on the hardware — others like Ivan (and more) have already done a better job with this than I ever will. Many of the technical details regarding Plexxi’s optical solution were discussed both in the video I’ll embed below, but also in their prior appearance at Network Field Day 5.
Matt appears to have been impressed by Plexxi at Networking Field Day 6. They are doing very interesting things that speak to the heart of what SDN is trying to accomplish.
Read more: Plexxi — Optimized Workload and Workflow
- Docker Enterprise Sold to Mirantis, Docker Desktop, Hub Raise $35MM - November 19, 2019
- Juniper NXTWORK 2019 Keynote Live Blog - November 12, 2019
- Where Did Tech Field Day Come From? Tech Field Day at 10 - November 4, 2019
- Druva Protects Corporate Data Outside the Firewall - October 30, 2019
- It’s All About the Delegates: Tech Field Day at 10 - October 27, 2019
- Nth Generation Symposium Keynote Live Blog - October 24, 2019
- SolarWinds Aims to Connect the Data Dots - October 24, 2019
- Celebrating 10 Years of Pure Storage and Tech Field Day - October 23, 2019
- Meeting the Storage Performance Requirements of AI and ML Workloads with WekaIO - October 23, 2019
- Commvault Go Day 1 Live Blog - October 15, 2019