VMware made so many announcements at VMworld US 2019 that one critical one might have been overlooked: Project Pacific is a new version of vSphere that includes complete native Kubernetes integration. This has massive potential to bring a new era of application classification and cloud-like application management to the datacenter.
Gina Rosenthal comments:
What excites me most about this is that now the private cloud can be real, IT can provide a cloud operating model to their developers. This means developers can take advantage of Kubernetes while taking advantage of on-premises benefits such as low latency and the ability to adhere to compliance or security rules.
- IBM’s New Class of Data Protection: Upcycling of the IT World? - September 20, 2019
- Live from VMworld | Gestalt IT Rundown: August 28, 2019 - August 30, 2019
- VMworld 2019 Announcements: Project Pacific - August 30, 2019
- StorPool’s Strategy Rose to the Cloud—and Beyond! - August 22, 2019
- Making Security Safe for All - July 29, 2019
- Liveblog: Intel Data-Centric Innovation Day 2019 - April 2, 2019
- Intel’s Crossover Point: A 3D Spork? - March 29, 2019
- Nyansa Wants To Be the IoT Sheriff - March 27, 2019
- Inside-Out vs. Outside-In Hybrid Cloud - January 14, 2019
- Thin Provisioning: The Lies We Tell Our Systems - December 21, 2018