VMware made so many announcements at VMworld US 2019 that one critical one might have been overlooked: Project Pacific is a new version of vSphere that includes complete native Kubernetes integration. This has massive potential to bring a new era of application classification and cloud-like application management to the datacenter.
Gina Rosenthal comments:
What excites me most about this is that now the private cloud can be real, IT can provide a cloud operating model to their developers. This means developers can take advantage of Kubernetes while taking advantage of on-premises benefits such as low latency and the ability to adhere to compliance or security rules.
- The Cloud Extends Into the Datacenter: Druva at AWS re:Invent - December 13, 2019
- Docker Enterprise Sold to Mirantis, Docker Desktop, Hub Raise $35MM - November 19, 2019
- Juniper NXTWORK 2019 Keynote Live Blog - November 12, 2019
- Where Did Tech Field Day Come From? Tech Field Day at 10 - November 4, 2019
- Druva Protects Corporate Data Outside the Firewall - October 30, 2019
- It’s All About the Delegates: Tech Field Day at 10 - October 27, 2019
- Nth Generation Symposium Keynote Live Blog - October 24, 2019
- SolarWinds Aims to Connect the Data Dots - October 24, 2019
- Celebrating 10 Years of Pure Storage and Tech Field Day - October 23, 2019
- Meeting the Storage Performance Requirements of AI and ML Workloads with WekaIO - October 23, 2019