Greg Ferro of EtherealMind comments:
Arista EOS already runs in VMs and used by customers for testing and software development of automation tools. Today, Arista chooses to packages their software with hardware, but recently Juniper has fully embraced whitebox with the OCX1100 switch which shows that the actual hardware matters less than years gone by (previous Ethernet switches in the EX-series are less obvious whitebox products).
Greg takes a serious look at whether or not Arista’s EOS could ever run on non-Arista platforms. And does some mental gymnastics about Cisco and their plans for whitebox.
Read more at: Could Arista EOS Run On Whitebox Hardware ?
- The Briar Patch of Software Patches - July 15, 2019
- Tackling Troublesome Tunnels with 128 Technology - July 9, 2019
- Meraki’s Eye in the Sky - June 27, 2019
- Intelligence In The Mist - June 20, 2019
- Clean Analytics with ScienceLogic - June 20, 2019
- Cisco Live US 2019 Keynote Liveblog - June 11, 2019
- Analyzing A Firehose with CounterFlow.ai - June 6, 2019
- Building The Gold Standard with Pica8 - June 5, 2019
- Avoiding Automation Archipelagos with Extreme Networks - May 29, 2019
- Finding Context In the Frames with Plixer - May 22, 2019