David Varnum of Overlaid writes:
There are two components to Big Switch Networks – Big Cloud Fabric (BCF) and Big Monitoring Fabric (BMF). Big Cloud Fabric is the meat of the solution. So what is it? It’s an SDN technology for the data center built using Open Ethernet switches (aka whitebox/bare metal). From a highly available, single interface you can control a massive leaf-spine clos fabric comprised of both physical and virtual workloads, effectively turning your data center into one big switch.
A great look at the Big Switch Networks presentation from Networking Field Day 10!
Read more: Big Switch Labs – A Playground for Big Minds
- Redefining Service Protection with VMware Service-Defined Firewall - August 11, 2020
- Wi-Fi Isn’t Always the Best Wireless Solution – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - August 11, 2020
- Bad Behavior Analysis with Juniper Networks - August 6, 2020
- Multi-Cloud Fabric with Arrcus - July 30, 2020
- IoT Doesn’t Need Wi-Fi 6E – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - July 28, 2020
- Introducing Security Field Day 4 - July 21, 2020
- Cisco SecureX Roundtable - July 14, 2020
- Cisco Intent-based Networking Roundtable - July 13, 2020
- Tomversations: Episode 5 – End-to-End Encryption - July 9, 2020
- Cisco Live Interview with Khalid Raza - July 2, 2020