Prashanth Shenoy writing for Cisco comments:
Over the last 15 months Cisco has revolutionized how organizations provide reliable, secure access to end-users and devices that connect via wireless, wired or VPN networks. This new approach to unified access delivers significant operational improvements by delivering One Policy, One Management, and One Network. However, operational improvements are only half of the story. As a key solution within theCisco ONE Enterprises Network Architecture, Cisco Unified Access allows IT to shift from merely managing the network to driving business change by delivering new connected experiences.
Cisco talks about their new access point and CMX customer experience software in this post. With some video aid from their Tech Field Day roundtable discussions at Interop New York.
- Captivating Wireless Connectivity with Cisco OpenRoaming - January 22, 2020
- Does the Apple Airport Extreme Use VLANs? - January 21, 2020
- Predicting Data Patterns with Cradlepoint - January 16, 2020
- How Do RFC3161 Timestamps Work? - January 15, 2020
- Testing the Whole System with NetAlly EtherScope nXG - January 14, 2020
- Stupid Network Tricks - January 14, 2020
- There Is No Layer-2 in Public Cloud - January 8, 2020
- Assuring Your Service Level with Ixia IxProbe - January 8, 2020
- Wi-Fi and the Netflix Effect - December 27, 2019
- Figure Out What Problem You’re Trying to Solve - December 20, 2019