Pete Welcher writing for Chesapeake Netcraftsmen comments:
As more comes out, we may all be amazed at the breadth of the vision. Some of the key Insieme personnel are … visionary, intense! With UCS and now perhaps ACI, Cisco may be demonstrating that there is virtue in allowing a new technology to settle a little, to have more time to analyze what is key in a market or technology. They have been participating: OnePK to provide agility, ability to change direction quickly, OpenDaylight for cloud automation support, 1000v as early service-chaining and to build skills working with the lead hypervisors and learn how to provide consistent functionality across hypervisors. And it appears that ACI now their attempt to define the market and stake out a position, with much more vision that the innovation around the edges that some other network device vendors have produced.
It was a pleasure to have Pete attend the Cisco ACI launch with Tech Field Day. His questions are very well thought out and I can’t wait to see where ACI goes from here.
Read more: The Cisco / Insieme ACI Launch, Part 1
- Rethinking Networking Architecture with Arrcus - December 9, 2019
- Intro to NetworkMiner - December 6, 2019
- On The Hunt with Confluera - December 4, 2019
- How Difficult Is SD-WAN? - December 4, 2019
- Letting Go of the Digital Hoard - December 2, 2019
- Tackling Troublesome IoT with Fortinet - November 26, 2019
- Technology and Policymakers - November 26, 2019
- BGP Traffic Engineering - November 25, 2019
- The Value of Virtual Networks from Tesuto - November 20, 2019
- TCP Is the Most Expensive Part of Your Data Center - November 18, 2019