Pete Welcher writing for Chesapeake Netcraftsmen comments:
As more comes out, we may all be amazed at the breadth of the vision. Some of the key Insieme personnel are … visionary, intense! With UCS and now perhaps ACI, Cisco may be demonstrating that there is virtue in allowing a new technology to settle a little, to have more time to analyze what is key in a market or technology. They have been participating: OnePK to provide agility, ability to change direction quickly, OpenDaylight for cloud automation support, 1000v as early service-chaining and to build skills working with the lead hypervisors and learn how to provide consistent functionality across hypervisors. And it appears that ACI now their attempt to define the market and stake out a position, with much more vision that the innovation around the edges that some other network device vendors have produced.
It was a pleasure to have Pete attend the Cisco ACI launch with Tech Field Day. His questions are very well thought out and I can’t wait to see where ACI goes from here.
Read more: The Cisco / Insieme ACI Launch, Part 1
- Protecting Password Assets with BeyondTrust - August 14, 2019
- Stopping Network Blame with Kemp - August 12, 2019
- Rooted In Security with Banyan - August 9, 2019
- New Tech Era, New Skills, New Mindset. - August 7, 2019
- The BGP Conundrum - August 5, 2019
- IT Burnout: Work, Email and Vacation Time - August 2, 2019
- Cross Pollinating Catalyst Platforms with NetBeez - August 1, 2019
- Micro-Segmentation: What, Why, How? - July 31, 2019
- Why Containers? - July 26, 2019
- Slicing Through Cloud Complexity with CloudGenix - July 25, 2019