Chris Evans of Architecting IT Blog comments:
There’s been a bit of conversation recently on the intention of EMC to put drivers for their ScaleIO platform into the VMware ESXi hypervisor kernel. The discussion was triggered by an article published in LeMagIT on 25 November 2014 by Christophe Bardy and subsequently picked up by The Register. It implied that VMware and EMC were working together to integrate ScaleIO into ESXi. Naturally the discussion turned to ongoing friction and competition between ScaleIO and VMware Virtual SAN.
Interesting to see EMC using leverage to get a storage device driver installed in the ESXi kernel. Wonder if their competitors will get that chance down the road? Also, anyone remember Microsoft and the undocumented function calls for Word?
Read more at: EMC, ScaleIO and The VMkernel
- Virtual Cloud Network Deep Dive – A Fresh Review of NSX - October 12, 2018
- Ookla Acquires Ekahau – The Future of Wi-Fi Design is Speedy! - October 10, 2018
- Making It In A Multi Cloud World - October 1, 2018
- Will MPLS Ever Go Away? - September 12, 2018
- Arista Is Finding Their Mojo In Wireless - August 3, 2018
- 1Password’s Travel Mode - July 24, 2018
- Launching Into the Future with Arrcus - July 16, 2018
- Circle K Finds Value In SD-WAN Speed - July 2, 2018
- Building a Software Defined Branch with Aruba - June 19, 2018
- Accessing Security Insights with SolarWinds Network Insight For Cisco ASA - June 7, 2018