Lee Badman of wirednot comments:
Say what you will about PI (and I say plenty, sometimes under my breath), there is a lot packed into this Network Management System. One of my favorite features for remotely characterizing how individual APs see each other may not be so obvious, so a quick show and tell is provided here.
The goal? Let me:
- see a floorplan with APs on it
- ask any one of those APs how it sees it’s neighbors from the radio perspective as they are all mounted
- show me one band at a time
- show me signal strengths of APs on the same floorplan, and NOT on the same floorplan
And as a bonus- show me a slew of radio specific data for any AP’s individual radios.
A picture is worth a thousand words. And if you’re wireless professional, that picture may tell the story better than any words you can write up.
- Bleeding the Dragon with WPA3 and Aruba - September 13, 2019
- Rethinking Whitelisting with Nyotron - September 12, 2019
- Impostor Syndrome and Loser DNA - September 9, 2019
- Cisco Live – a Shared Experience - September 5, 2019
- A Tale of Two App Security Platforms - September 5, 2019
- 11 Tips on How to Be a More Organized Network Engineer - September 3, 2019
- 128 Technology – The Best Voice Routing Platform You’ve Never Heard Of - September 3, 2019
- Finding Final Resolution with IP Fabric - August 28, 2019
- Opening The Encryption Door With Wickr - August 27, 2019
- Securing Your Enterprise with VIAVI Observer Apex - August 26, 2019