Greg Ferro of EtherealMind comments:
I’ve been working on Mellanox S-Series switches lately in a largish network with several hundred 10GbE server ports. On the whole, the product has performed beyond my cynically low expectations and the product has good capabilities overall but the command line interface (CLI) is a really poor user experience.
A great product can be ruined by an arcane, unintelligible interface. Read of for Greg’s assessment of Mellanox and their CLI.
Read more at: Mellanox and bad CLI choices
- The Briar Patch of Software Patches - July 15, 2019
- Tackling Troublesome Tunnels with 128 Technology - July 9, 2019
- Meraki’s Eye in the Sky - June 27, 2019
- Intelligence In The Mist - June 20, 2019
- Clean Analytics with ScienceLogic - June 20, 2019
- Cisco Live US 2019 Keynote Liveblog - June 11, 2019
- Analyzing A Firehose with CounterFlow.ai - June 6, 2019
- Building The Gold Standard with Pica8 - June 5, 2019
- Avoiding Automation Archipelagos with Extreme Networks - May 29, 2019
- Finding Context In the Frames with Plixer - May 22, 2019