Greg Ferro of EtherealMind comments:
I’ve been working on Mellanox S-Series switches lately in a largish network with several hundred 10GbE server ports. On the whole, the product has performed beyond my cynically low expectations and the product has good capabilities overall but the command line interface (CLI) is a really poor user experience.
A great product can be ruined by an arcane, unintelligible interface. Read of for Greg’s assessment of Mellanox and their CLI.
Read more at: Mellanox and bad CLI choices
- The Value of Virtual Networks from Tesuto - November 20, 2019
- TCP Is the Most Expensive Part of Your Data Center - November 18, 2019
- The Name’s The Thing With Guardicore - November 12, 2019
- Junos – Loading Configs – 1 of 5 – Merge - November 6, 2019
- Monitoring Cloud Network Traffic with ExtraHop - November 5, 2019
- iOS 13 and iPadOS Wi-Fi Diagnostics - November 4, 2019
- Noticing the Details with SecBI - October 31, 2019
- Building Better Policies with Machine Learning and Edgewise Networks - October 30, 2019
- How Did We End With 1500-Byte MTU? - October 28, 2019
- Fragmentation Free with Aruba’s Newest Switches - October 22, 2019