Howard Marks writing for Network Computing comments:
The idea that disk drives haven’t gotten faster than 15K RPM because it would mean disks would have to become supersonic isn’t true. What’s the real reason?
Howard tackles the myth of hard disks hitting Mach 1. Because the last thing you want from your data is a sonic boom.
Read more at: The Myth Of The Supersonic Disk Drive
- Multi-Cloud Fabric with Arrcus - July 30, 2020
- IoT Doesn’t Need Wi-Fi 6E – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - July 28, 2020
- Introducing Security Field Day 4 - July 21, 2020
- Cisco SecureX Roundtable - July 14, 2020
- Cisco Intent-based Networking Roundtable - July 13, 2020
- Tomversations: Episode 5 – End-to-End Encryption - July 9, 2020
- Cisco Live Interview with Khalid Raza - July 2, 2020
- The New Branch with Riverbed SD-WAN - June 30, 2020
- AI Can’t Do Much for WiFi – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 30, 2020
- Tomversations: Episode 4 – Edge Computing - June 25, 2020