Lee Badman of Dispatches From the Wireless Front comments:
One of the handiest tools in understanding Wi-Fi environments is the spectrum analyzer. Way back when, in my Air Force days, I had the pleasure of learning and using top-end spectrum analyzers, on the order of this sort of device. Note the price of this beast- real test equipment isn’t cheap. Spectrum analyzers show the strength of signals plotted over a frequency range. There are all sorts of nuanced settings that let you manipulate the signal plot to get finer resolution, but the more advanced the settings and capabilities, the higher the price tag.
Lee takes a look at a new spectrum analyzer that runs on Apple devices!
- Bleeding the Dragon with WPA3 and Aruba - September 13, 2019
- Rethinking Whitelisting with Nyotron - September 12, 2019
- Impostor Syndrome and Loser DNA - September 9, 2019
- Cisco Live – a Shared Experience - September 5, 2019
- A Tale of Two App Security Platforms - September 5, 2019
- 11 Tips on How to Be a More Organized Network Engineer - September 3, 2019
- 128 Technology – The Best Voice Routing Platform You’ve Never Heard Of - September 3, 2019
- Finding Final Resolution with IP Fabric - August 28, 2019
- Opening The Encryption Door With Wickr - August 27, 2019
- Securing Your Enterprise with VIAVI Observer Apex - August 26, 2019