Lee Badman of Dispatches From the Wireless Front comments:
One of the handiest tools in understanding Wi-Fi environments is the spectrum analyzer. Way back when, in my Air Force days, I had the pleasure of learning and using top-end spectrum analyzers, on the order of this sort of device. Note the price of this beast- real test equipment isn’t cheap. Spectrum analyzers show the strength of signals plotted over a frequency range. There are all sorts of nuanced settings that let you manipulate the signal plot to get finer resolution, but the more advanced the settings and capabilities, the higher the price tag.
Lee takes a look at a new spectrum analyzer that runs on Apple devices!
- Detecting Cryptocurrency Mining with Vectra Cognito - April 13, 2018
- Extreme Networks SLX Platform – Extremely Easy Analytics - April 9, 2018
- Succeeding With SaaS and Viptela Cloud On-Ramp - April 5, 2018
- Treating Your Cloud Like an SD-WAN Branch - March 21, 2018
- Taking SD-WAN Even Wider With Acadia - March 14, 2018
- Gaining Visibility with ObserverLive - March 13, 2018
- Rolling Out SD-WAN with REI - March 9, 2018
- Orchestration From the Top Versus Automation From the Bottom - March 1, 2018
- Revealing Security Threats with ExtraHop Reveal(x) - February 13, 2018
- The Logic Of Tables with Broadcom SDKLT - February 8, 2018