Lee Badman of Dispatches From the Wireless Front comments:
One of the handiest tools in understanding Wi-Fi environments is the spectrum analyzer. Way back when, in my Air Force days, I had the pleasure of learning and using top-end spectrum analyzers, on the order of this sort of device. Note the price of this beast- real test equipment isn’t cheap. Spectrum analyzers show the strength of signals plotted over a frequency range. There are all sorts of nuanced settings that let you manipulate the signal plot to get finer resolution, but the more advanced the settings and capabilities, the higher the price tag.
Lee takes a look at a new spectrum analyzer that runs on Apple devices!
- Getting Ready for GDPR - January 18, 2018
- Going Faster with 400Gbps Ethernet and Andy Bechtolsheim - January 12, 2018
- Architecting Container Direction with Nirmata - January 5, 2018
- Continuing the SD-WAN Discussion At FutureWAN - January 4, 2018
- Keeping An Eye On Containers with Ixia CloudLens - January 4, 2018
- Balancing The Cost Of Your Application Delivery Controllers with KEMP Metered Licensing - December 27, 2017
- Arista vs. Cisco – The Tale Up To Now - December 14, 2017
- Unmasking Bad Actors with Gigamon - December 7, 2017
- Dedicated Wireless Troubleshooting Doesn’t Have To Break The Bank - November 28, 2017
- Are Vendors and VARs The Enemy? - November 15, 2017