Steve Beaver of The Virtualization Practice comments:
While attending VMworld this year in San Francisco, I had the opportunity to sit in on a briefing with EMC about its XtremIO flash storage array at Tech Field Day Extra. In my humble opinion, flash is going to be the way forward in the world of storage, especially as the cost of flash drives keeps coming down while their capacity keeps increasing. Will we get to a point where flash drives will be the standard for storage systems in the data center? Better yet, will spindled disks become the backup media stored off-site? Time will tell, but for now, flash arrays are quickly working their way toward becoming the industry standard for Tier 1 storage and beyond.
Steve has a great review of the XtremIO presentation from Tech Field Day Extra at VMworld. Read on for his thoughts.
Read more at: XtremIO Flash Storage Array
- Predicting Data Patterns with Cradlepoint - January 16, 2020
- How Do RFC3161 Timestamps Work? - January 15, 2020
- Testing the Whole System with NetAlly EtherScope nXG - January 14, 2020
- Stupid Network Tricks - January 14, 2020
- There Is No Layer-2 in Public Cloud - January 8, 2020
- Assuring Your Service Level with Ixia IxProbe - January 8, 2020
- Wi-Fi and the Netflix Effect - December 27, 2019
- Figure Out What Problem You’re Trying to Solve - December 20, 2019
- Ensuring Unified Communications Success with NETSCOUT - December 19, 2019
- Network Stability Through Resilience Engineering - December 18, 2019