Steve Beaver of The Virtualization Practice comments:
While attending VMworld this year in San Francisco, I had the opportunity to sit in on a briefing with EMC about its XtremIO flash storage array at Tech Field Day Extra. In my humble opinion, flash is going to be the way forward in the world of storage, especially as the cost of flash drives keeps coming down while their capacity keeps increasing. Will we get to a point where flash drives will be the standard for storage systems in the data center? Better yet, will spindled disks become the backup media stored off-site? Time will tell, but for now, flash arrays are quickly working their way toward becoming the industry standard for Tier 1 storage and beyond.
Steve has a great review of the XtremIO presentation from Tech Field Day Extra at VMworld. Read on for his thoughts.
Read more at: XtremIO Flash Storage Array
- Dealing With the Heat - April 6, 2020
- Framing Data Fortresses with Fortanix - April 2, 2020
- Drilling Down with XM Cyber - March 26, 2020
- Community Construction Isn’t Just Numbers - March 19, 2020
- Itential – The Network Glue You Need - March 17, 2020
- Building Secondary Security for IoT - March 10, 2020
- Confidence in The Cloud with NetApp - March 3, 2020
- The Power of Communities – An Interview with David Penaloza Seijas - March 2, 2020
- Moving Past The Edge with Aruba SD-Branch - February 26, 2020
- Does SPB Mean “Secure Path Bridging”? - February 12, 2020