A voice for the post-prem world.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Cloud lock-in, sounds bad right? Well on this episode, the roundtable takes a detailed look at the actual impact of lock-in with public and private cloud providers. They look at how this impacts business agility, innovation, and overall company strategy.
ActualTech Media‘s James Green sat in for our IT Origins interview this week. In the wide ranging conversation, James discussed how he got into a career with IT, how a change in caffeine changed his life, and what apps keep him so insanely productive.
The Gestalt IT Rundown broadcasts live every Wednesday at 12:30pm Eastern, covering the latest enterprise IT news and announcements. In this weeks Rundown, Tom Hollingsworth and Rich Stroffolino discussed new announcements from Nutanix, Cisco, AWS, and Sprint. Then they dig into their main discussion, VMware buying VeloCloud, and the potential Qualcomm-Broadcom merger. Make sure to catch it every week by subscribing to the Gestalt IT YouTube channel.
Mark your calendar for the first Tech Field Day of 2018, coming up in February from Austin, Texas. They’ll be live streaming all presentation throughout the event, or check out their YouTube channel to get caught up on past content. They’ll be posting presenters as they get closer to the event, so make sure to check back with the full lineup.
More interesting reads from the community
Docker and Some Serverless Ambitions– by Ben Kepes
Should I Be Backing Up Containers?– by Chris Evans
Scotty Isn’t DevOps – by Tom Hollingsworth
This week’s cloud news brought to you by the team at
- A Critique of Network Coding and Automation - August 16, 2018
- Sierra Wireless Misadventures | Gestalt IT Rundown, August 8, 2018 - August 15, 2018
- The Geek Travel Router - August 14, 2018
- AMD’s Second Generation Threadripper Isn’t Quite EPYC - August 14, 2018
- Alastair Cooke – IT Origins - August 9, 2018
- Slack Buying Hipchat is Good for ChatOps - August 3, 2018
- Transcoding with My Little Cluster - August 3, 2018
- AMD Plays the Long Hygon | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 11, 2018 - July 12, 2018
- AIRI: Converging FlashBlade into an AI Reference Architecture - July 12, 2018
- 2018 MacBook Pros Comes Closer to Earning Their Name - July 12, 2018