A voice for the post-prem world.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Cloud lock-in, sounds bad right? Well on this episode, the roundtable takes a detailed look at the actual impact of lock-in with public and private cloud providers. They look at how this impacts business agility, innovation, and overall company strategy.
ActualTech Media‘s James Green sat in for our IT Origins interview this week. In the wide ranging conversation, James discussed how he got into a career with IT, how a change in caffeine changed his life, and what apps keep him so insanely productive.
The Gestalt IT Rundown broadcasts live every Wednesday at 12:30pm Eastern, covering the latest enterprise IT news and announcements. In this weeks Rundown, Tom Hollingsworth and Rich Stroffolino discussed new announcements from Nutanix, Cisco, AWS, and Sprint. Then they dig into their main discussion, VMware buying VeloCloud, and the potential Qualcomm-Broadcom merger. Make sure to catch it every week by subscribing to the Gestalt IT YouTube channel.
Mark your calendar for the first Tech Field Day of 2018, coming up in February from Austin, Texas. They’ll be live streaming all presentation throughout the event, or check out their YouTube channel to get caught up on past content. They’ll be posting presenters as they get closer to the event, so make sure to check back with the full lineup.
More interesting reads from the community
Docker and Some Serverless Ambitions– by Ben Kepes
Should I Be Backing Up Containers?– by Chris Evans
Scotty Isn’t DevOps – by Tom Hollingsworth
This week’s cloud news brought to you by the team at
- You’re Wrong About Data Protection Policy – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - May 14, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of May 13, 2019 - May 13, 2019
- The Perpetual Plugin Problem | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 8, 2019 - May 8, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of May 6 ,2019 - May 6, 2019
- Azure and VMware Team Up | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 1, 2019 - May 1, 2019
- Bringing Yourself to Work – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 30, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 29, 2019 - April 29, 2019
- Docker Partners With Arm | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 24, 2019 - April 24, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 22, 2019 - April 22, 2019
- Patent Peace in Our Time | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 17, 2019 - April 17, 2019