Your IT News for the Week of April 29, 2019
It’s become conventional wisdom that modern IT security isn’t just about not allowing malware in, rather the focus is on defense in depth. But is simply layering more devices and services on top of your infrastructure enough? In this post, Tom Hollingsworth looks at a recent Ignite Talk by Wolfgang Goerlich about why tower defense game is a good model to emulate for security.
Gestalt IT Rundown
Get all the IT news of the week with the Gestalt IT Rundown. This week, Ken Nalbone and Richard Stroffolino talk about Docker and Arm’s new partnership, Samsung betting big on non-volatile chips, DNA storage, and more! New episodes live on Facebook Wednesdays at 12:30pm ET.
What’s New At Gestalt IT
- JetStream and the Public Cloud DR Riddle
- Exploring Infrastructure with Purpose – The Cumulus Approach
- Pure Storage AIRI – Jumpstart Your AI Initiatives
Tech Field Day Extra at Dell Technologies World 2019
April 29 – May 2, 2019
The Field Day crew is at Dell Technologies World 2019 with Tech Field Day Extra this week. Be sure to check out who will be presenting and attending as delegates, and watch the live streams on Wednesday.
- FUD: Fear, UK, and DNS | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 10, 2019 - July 10, 2019
- The Traditional Office is Dying – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - July 9, 2019
- Cloudfail | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 3, 2019 - July 3, 2019
- HCI See What You Did There | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 26, 2019 - June 26, 2019
- VARs are Useless – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 25, 2019
- The Raspberry Pi 4: Adding the Missing Piece - June 24, 2019
- Nvidia Arms Itself | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 19, 2019 - June 19, 2019
- Intel Caught Barefoot | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 12, 2019 - June 12, 2019
- IoT Is Making Society Less Secure – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 11, 2019
- Azure and Oracle Connect | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 5, 2019 - June 5, 2019