Your IT News for the Week of April 29, 2019
It’s become conventional wisdom that modern IT security isn’t just about not allowing malware in, rather the focus is on defense in depth. But is simply layering more devices and services on top of your infrastructure enough? In this post, Tom Hollingsworth looks at a recent Ignite Talk by Wolfgang Goerlich about why tower defense game is a good model to emulate for security.
Gestalt IT Rundown
Get all the IT news of the week with the Gestalt IT Rundown. This week, Ken Nalbone and Richard Stroffolino talk about Docker and Arm’s new partnership, Samsung betting big on non-volatile chips, DNA storage, and more! New episodes live on Facebook Wednesdays at 12:30pm ET.
What’s New At Gestalt IT
- JetStream and the Public Cloud DR Riddle
- Exploring Infrastructure with Purpose – The Cumulus Approach
- Pure Storage AIRI – Jumpstart Your AI Initiatives
Tech Field Day Extra at Dell Technologies World 2019
April 29 – May 2, 2019
The Field Day crew is at Dell Technologies World 2019 with Tech Field Day Extra this week. Be sure to check out who will be presenting and attending as delegates, and watch the live streams on Wednesday.
- Catching Up On Microsoft Build 2020 | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 20, 2020 - May 20, 2020
- Checksum: Episode 2 – Is IoT Security a Nightmare? - May 18, 2020
- AWS Rolls Out Graviton2 M6g instances - May 18, 2020
- The Three Philosophies of SolarWinds APM - May 15, 2020
- Rubbing Salt In the Exploit - May 15, 2020
- Dell EMC Unifies Midrange Storage with PowerStore | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 13, 2020 - May 13, 2020
- Riverbed Wasn’t Built In a Day - May 12, 2020
- Checksum: Episode 1 – Why Did Nvidia Buy Mellanox? - May 11, 2020
- How Do You Start Learning About Containers? - May 11, 2020
- Why Did Nvidia Buy Cumulus Networks? | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 6, 2020 - May 6, 2020