Your IT News for the Week of April 29, 2019
It’s become conventional wisdom that modern IT security isn’t just about not allowing malware in, rather the focus is on defense in depth. But is simply layering more devices and services on top of your infrastructure enough? In this post, Tom Hollingsworth looks at a recent Ignite Talk by Wolfgang Goerlich about why tower defense game is a good model to emulate for security.
Gestalt IT Rundown
Get all the IT news of the week with the Gestalt IT Rundown. This week, Ken Nalbone and Richard Stroffolino talk about Docker and Arm’s new partnership, Samsung betting big on non-volatile chips, DNA storage, and more! New episodes live on Facebook Wednesdays at 12:30pm ET.
What’s New At Gestalt IT
- JetStream and the Public Cloud DR Riddle
- Exploring Infrastructure with Purpose – The Cumulus Approach
- Pure Storage AIRI – Jumpstart Your AI Initiatives
Tech Field Day Extra at Dell Technologies World 2019
April 29 – May 2, 2019
The Field Day crew is at Dell Technologies World 2019 with Tech Field Day Extra this week. Be sure to check out who will be presenting and attending as delegates, and watch the live streams on Wednesday.
- Leaving the Ecuador Open | Gestalt IT Rundown, September 18, 2019 - September 18, 2019
- Don’t Hate, Regulate | Gestalt IT Rundown: September 11, 2019 - September 11, 2019
- The Cloud Should Adapt to the Enterprise – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - September 10, 2019
- Commvault Buys Hedvig | Gestalt IT Rundown: September 4, 2019 - September 4, 2019
- Redesigning is Useless in Wireless – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - August 27, 2019
- Of Chips and Acquisitions | Gestalt IT Rundown: August 21, 2019 - August 21, 2019
- Kubernetes Is Evolving Into an Enterprise-Friendly Platform, but Challenges Remain - August 16, 2019
- Going Independent - August 15, 2019
- AMD Wasn’t Built In A Day | Gestalt IT Rundown: August 14, 2019 - August 14, 2019
- SaaS Backup Isn’t My Problem – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - August 13, 2019