Your IT News for the Week of May 20, 2019
Multi-Cloud’s biggest roadblock is data gravity. Ken Nalbone looks at how Faction’s multi-cloud storage service can help overcome this obstacle. They separate themselves from the pack with patented networking and storage services, and by being the only approved third-party datastore for VMware Cloud on AWS.
Get all the IT news of the week with the Gestalt IT Rundown. This week, Rich Stroffolino and Tom Hollingsworth discuss a major Cisco security vulnerability, an interesting acquisition by VMware, and why 2019 is the year of Linux on Linux on the Desktop. New episodes live on Facebook Wednesdays at 12:30pm ET.
What’s New At Gestalt IT
- New Podcast: You’re Wrong About Data Protection Policy
- Bringing Intelligence to Things with Cradlepoint
- Using SD-WAN As A Cloud Migration Strategy
- Infrastructure as Code: Free Your Intellect
Security Field Day
June 19-21, 2019
Be sure to mark your calendar and join us for Security Field Day this summer. Security has never been more important in IT, and we’ll be hearing about the latest from Edgewise Networks, Guardicore, Illumio, ExtraHop Networks, and more at the event. We’ll be announcing more delegates and presenters soon, so stay tuned!
- Palo Alto Networks To Acquire CloudGenix | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 1, 2020 - April 1, 2020
- Two Petaflop-Scale Approaches to COVID-19 Research - March 30, 2020
- O’Reilly Closes Event Business | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 25, 2020 - March 25, 2020
- A Tale of Two Data Visualizations: Ransomware Edition - March 23, 2020
- Virtual Events, Real Challenges - March 19, 2020
- GitHub Acquires npm | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 18, 2020 - March 18, 2020
- The Storage Lessons from Westworld - March 12, 2020
- It’s x86 Vulnerability Week | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 11, 2020 - March 11, 2020
- Ampere Altra Brings 80 Cores to Servers - March 5, 2020
- The Enterprise Response to COVID-19 | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 4, 2020 - March 4, 2020