Where Do You Want to Go Today?
Here’s your regular look at what’s happening in servers.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
This week on the On-Premise IT Roundtable, the panel discusses the state of security. Responses ranged from despondent to abjectly pessimisitic. Is security simply a dumpster fire, or is it somehow worse? Our esteemed guests discuss whether it’s actually many dumpster fires or some other form of refuse conflagration. It’s an invaluable and inflammable discussion.
Need a weekly live rundown of the latest enterprise IT news? Luckily for you, Tom Hollingsworth and Rich Stroffolino started the Gestalt IT Rundown. Each Wednesday around 12:30pm ET, the two get together to discuss the latest news. This past episode talked Cisco acquisitions, Google Cloud deals, Bad Rabbit ransomware, and the implications of the MongoDB IPO.
While we’re at it, we started an interview series on Gestalt IT. IT Origins looks to find out how your favorite bloggers, executives, and geeks got started in enterprise IT, how the industry has changed, and the most important question: how they caffeine. To start the series off, we talked to blogger, podcaster, and network engineer Phil Gervasi.
Commvault GO is the company’s second annual customer conference. There will be thousands of attendees, hundreds of breakout sessions, several excellent keynotes, and a unique Tech Field Day Exclusive experience. Follow along with our delegates on Twitter, including Arjan Timmerman, Becky Elliott, Chin-Fah Heoh, Chris Evans, Erik Ableson, Glenn Dekhayser, Greg Knieriemen, Howard Marks, Justin Warren, Keith Townsend, Max Mortillaro, Ray Lucchesi, and Scott D. Lowe. They’ll be posting on Twitter, their blogs, and in the Tech Field Day broadcast booth throughout the event, giving you the latest and greatest update.
More interesting reads from the community
- Comparing SSDs to Tomatoes – by Jim Handy
- Devaluing Data Exposures – by Tom Hollingsworth
- Understanding Serverless Computing – by Keith Townsend
This server news brought to you by the team at
- Nick Bowie – IT Origins - February 22, 2018
- Qualcomm’s Pyrrhic Acquisition | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 21, 2018 - February 21, 2018
- White Boxes and Cultural Lock-in - February 20, 2018
- Salon Tries Crypto Mining Monetization - February 20, 2018
- Where AR We? - February 19, 2018
- Flexible Scaleout, Tom Lyon, and Reveal(x) in Gestalt News 18.8 - February 19, 2018
- In Defense of Facebook’s “Protect” - February 15, 2018
- Tom Lyon – IT Origins - February 15, 2018
- Do You Want to Build a Cloud? Gestalt IT Rundown: February 14, 2018 - February 14, 2018
- AI and Machines That Think They Can Think - February 14, 2018