Enjoy this bonus episode of the podcast.
This week on IT Origins, we had a conversation with Ted Dunning, Apache Software Foundation board member, and the Chief Application Architect at MapR. We discussed Ted’s introduction to IT, his early involvement with the open source software community, and how AI advances quickly go from aspirational to blasé. We were also fortunate to have Ted’s colleague and co-author Ellen Friedman join in on the second half of the interview. Both were able to give some great career advice about how to stay relevant in rapidly evolving fields.
Books mentioned in the interview by Ted Dunning and Ellen Friedman:
- Streaming Architecture: New Designs Using Apache Kafka and MapR Streams
- Practical Machine Learning: Innovations in Recommendation
- Real World Hadoop
- Oksana Sokolovsky – IT Origins - June 21, 2018
- Christmas for Cisco in July Systems | Gestalt IT Rundown, June 20, 2018 - June 21, 2018
- Requesting Your Data Post-GDPR - June 18, 2018
- Revisited: Security is a Dumpster Fire – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 12, 2018
- Getting Out From Under the Policy Boulder with Juniper’s Contrail Policy Framework - June 12, 2018
- Cisco Live US 2018 Live Blog - June 11, 2018
- Theresa Miller – IT Origins - June 7, 2018
- The Ice Man Buyeth | Gestalt IT Rundown, June 6, 2018 - June 6, 2018
- Looking at the Internet with ThousandEyes - June 5, 2018
- The IT Takeaways from WWDC 2018 - June 5, 2018