Enjoy this bonus episode of the podcast.
This week on IT Origins, we had a conversation with Ted Dunning, Apache Software Foundation board member, and the Chief Application Architect at MapR. We discussed Ted’s introduction to IT, his early involvement with the open source software community, and how AI advances quickly go from aspirational to blasé. We were also fortunate to have Ted’s colleague and co-author Ellen Friedman join in on the second half of the interview. Both were able to give some great career advice about how to stay relevant in rapidly evolving fields.
Books mentioned in the interview by Ted Dunning and Ellen Friedman:
- Streaming Architecture: New Designs Using Apache Kafka and MapR Streams
- Practical Machine Learning: Innovations in Recommendation
- Real World Hadoop
- BONUS: Tomer Shiran – IT Origins - September 11, 2018
- Skype Now Integrates Call Recording… and it’s Terrible - September 7, 2018
- Network4Dev: A Community is Born - September 7, 2018
- Friends with Azure Hybrid Benefits - September 7, 2018
- Tomer Shiran – IT Origins - September 6, 2018
- VMware NSX: The path forward - September 6, 2018
- The Most Recognizable IT Companies - September 6, 2018
- Pure Storage’s NVMe Vision for Storage - September 6, 2018
- GPU Pluses and Minuses | Gestalt IT Rundown: September 5, 2018 - September 5, 2018
- TestDisk: Bringing Drives Back from Mostly Dead - September 5, 2018