Enjoy this bonus episode of the podcast.
This week on IT Origins, we had a conversation with Ted Dunning, Apache Software Foundation board member, and the Chief Application Architect at MapR. We discussed Ted’s introduction to IT, his early involvement with the open source software community, and how AI advances quickly go from aspirational to blasé. We were also fortunate to have Ted’s colleague and co-author Ellen Friedman join in on the second half of the interview. Both were able to give some great career advice about how to stay relevant in rapidly evolving fields.
Books mentioned in the interview by Ted Dunning and Ellen Friedman:
- Streaming Architecture: New Designs Using Apache Kafka and MapR Streams
- Practical Machine Learning: Innovations in Recommendation
- Real World Hadoop
- Patent Peace in Our Time | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 17, 2019 - April 17, 2019
- The Cloud is Going to Disappear – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 16, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 15, 2019 - April 15, 2019
- Run, Google Cloud Run | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 10, 2019 - April 10, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of April 8, 2019 - April 8, 2019
- Intel Announces All The Things | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 3, 2019 - April 3, 2019
- Network Analytics Is Too Expensive – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 2, 2019
- Pwn2Asus | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 27, 2019 - March 27, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of March 25, 2019 - March 25, 2019
- Open Source’s Amazon Problem | Gestalt IT Rundown: March 20, 2019 - March 20, 2019